• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Honest feedback wanted ΓÇö how can I make this video more entertaining?

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Etypical
Title of thread: Honest feedback wanted ΓÇö how can I make this video more entertaining?
Self review: I really enjoyed making this video, but I'm not sure if it comes across that way. I'm not super confident on camera, so I think that might be holding me back a bit. This video was meant to be lighthearted and funny, but I think I could have done better in terms of making it entertaining. As for the editing, I've been trying to improve my editing with every video I post and, for my 6th video, I think the editing is decent, although I can definitely still improve it. I'd love to get some feedback ΓÇö how can I make this video more fun and engaging?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/9qdnxrKvYz4

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31993/post-100151

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Overall, I think you came across well. You didn't seem overly nervous and came across fine. Audio was clear, which is really important.

Two things to consider constructively. First, the setup seemed a bit too long. I think you could have compressed it quite a bit without losing your audience. The category explanations could be a lot more focused.

Second, just because you can zoom doesn't mean you should. Jump zooms are typically used to emphasize, or to make an aside. They seemed a bit arbitrary. Like you were trying to hide the cut or reshoot instead of being used creatively.

Those are nitpicky things. I liked the video overall. I just felt it could have been a bit tighter and that would have held attention.

MrLazy

TubeBuddy User
Hello )
Thanks for sharing the nice video, and I enjoyed it

1. The video, and editing was decent enough. Just one thing I would add would be different angle of camera when you do something. Like for example, when you draw, viewers can see you draw upside down, and I guess it bothered my eyes a bit.
2. You didn't looks like your nerves are holding you back in front of camera, so keep it up! I think it's enough, but I guess you will be better with time.
3. One critical thing is that it takes too long to explain about the game at the first. So I guess many of viewers might leave in first 1 - 2 mins. I understand that you need to explain about the game at first, but it might be better if you keep it short, and clear.
4. I guess it's better to give some short moment when entertaining happened, at the start, then people might keep watching more minutes to know how it happened.

MarcelaΓÇÖs Way

Great Video! I love the editing and the lighting is great.... it may be a little long for people with short attention spans which is most people lol.. but other then that I love it! Keep up the good work

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi ! I am being honest with you .. I watched till 8:00

1. I wasn't getting much from the thumbnail . You can keep your pic towards left.. keep the spin to right and below the spin you can brief it.
2. First 2 min is about the Introduction about what you will be doing ... that's little too much. You could be moving a bit or showing transactions or popping up words to make it engaging.
3. You don't seem super comfortable. No Problem.. you will get there super soon.
4. Few effects are super cool like " twist" " leaning tower".

Overall a very good try !! All the best !

Reactions: ItzAbbieW
OP
OP
Etypical

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Overall, I think you came across well. You didn't seem overly nervous and came across fine. Audio was clear, which is really important.

Two things to consider constructively. First, the setup seemed a bit too long. I think you could have compressed it quite a bit without losing your audience. The category explanations could be a lot more focused.

Second, just because you can zoom doesn't mean you should. Jump zooms are typically used to emphasize, or to make an aside. They seemed a bit arbitrary. Like you were trying to hide the cut or reshoot instead of being used creatively.

Those are nitpicky things. I liked the video overall. I just felt it could have been a bit tighter and that would have held attention.
Thanks so much for the feedback @SILTHW, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely work on limiting the jump zooms in future, as well as making the setup more concise.
Hello )
Thanks for sharing the nice video, and I enjoyed it

1. The video, and editing was decent enough. Just one thing I would add would be different angle of camera when you do something. Like for example, when you draw, viewers can see you draw upside down, and I guess it bothered my eyes a bit.
2. You didn't looks like your nerves are holding you back in front of camera, so keep it up! I think it's enough, but I guess you will be better with time.
3. One critical thing is that it takes too long to explain about the game at the first. So I guess many of viewers might leave in first 1 - 2 mins. I understand that you need to explain about the game at first, but it might be better if you keep it short, and clear.
4. I guess it's better to give some short moment when entertaining happened, at the start, then people might keep watching more minutes to know how it happened.
These are super helpful tips, thanks very much for the advice @MrLazy! I'll keep all of these in mind when I'm making videos from now on.
Great Video! I love the editing and the lighting is great.... it may be a little long for people with short attention spans which is most people lol.. but other then that I love it! Keep up the good work
Thank you so much for the encouragement, @MarcelaΓÇÖs Way! I'm glad you like the editing and the lighting. I'll try to make my content a little shorter and more concise from now on haha.
Hi ! I am being honest with you .. I watched till 8:00

1. I wasn't getting much from the thumbnail . You can keep your pic towards left.. keep the spin to right and below the spin you can brief it.
2. First 2 min is about the Introduction about what you will be doing ... that's little too much. You could be moving a bit or showing transactions or popping up words to make it engaging.
3. You don't seem super comfortable. No Problem.. you will get there super soon.
4. Few effects are super cool like " twist" " leaning tower".

Overall a very good try !! All the best !
Thank you for the honest feedback, @kitchen c/o ammama! I'm glad you liked the effects and I'll make sure to consider all of your suggestions for my future videos.

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
My take:-

Pros - lighting, sound, editing and you were all great

Cons - pace. For me you over explain and this leads to me switching off.

My recommendation would be go back to you planning stage and set yourself the challenge to make the video as short as possible without losing meaning. I bet you could cut the time in half and at least double the engagement value. This 'precis' system does work, as I am terrible at over explaining and have to do this myself all the time. Have fun :heart:

OP
OP
Etypical

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My take:-

Pros - lighting, sound, editing and you were all great

Cons - pace. For me you over explain and this leads to me switching off.

My recommendation would be go back to you planning stage and set yourself the challenge to make the video as short as possible without losing meaning. I bet you could cut the time in half and at least double the engagement value. This 'precis' system does work, as I am terrible at over explaining and have to do this myself all the time. Have fun :heart:
Thank you so much for pointing out my problems with pacing! This sounds like it'll a really helpful "challenge" for me and I'll definitely put it into practice when making my next video. Thanks again! :)

OP
OP
Etypical

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi!

Overall the video was really good! Lighting, audio and editing.

Maybe some different camera angles would make it more alive and adding little sound fx like "The word is "blim" art" if you know what I mean

But great job and keep it going!

Thanks so much for the feedback, I definitely see what you mean and I'll work on improving those things in future videos! :blush: