• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question total number of videos

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
does the total number of videos on your channel influence your chances of your videos being shown in search results?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I have a small number of videos and can confirm that several of my videos now show up in the top 20 videos for certain search phrases.

I think it has a lot more to do with SEO optimization and how "crowded" the search term is.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The total number absolutely makes a difference, if done correct. If you are researching keywords and creating evergreen content then all of the videos will be working for you at the same time, and the more the merrier.

Reactions: CelticSpike

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it's more to do with your thumbnail etc, as to how it will rank. Your video will initially rank highly if the keyword is specific enough, but if someone else has a video very similar, but their thumbnail is clicked more, or if the video they upload is watched longer than yours, that will pus their ranking higher than yours.
A video with 5% watch time tells YouTube that people weren't as interested in watching your video to the, and if people didn't watch much of the video, why would they show it higher than a video with much more watch time and views?

You can have 5 videos, with 95% watch time gathering thousands if not millions of views, and rank higher than a channel with 100's of views that only have 5-10 views each and only 5% watch time.

Quality over quantity.

Reactions: Deciden0w

Deciden0w

TubeBuddy Pro
savagebutsimple.business.site
Subscriber Goal
I think it's more to do with your thumbnail etc, as to how it will rank. Your video will initially rank highly if the keyword is specific enough, but if someone else has a video very similar, but their thumbnail is clicked more, or if the video they upload is watched longer than yours, that will pus their ranking higher than yours.
A video with 5% watch time tells YouTube that people weren't as interested in watching your video to the, and if people didn't watch much of the video, why would they show it higher than a video with much more watch time and views?

You can have 5 videos, with 95% watch time gathering thousands if not millions of views, and rank higher than a channel with 100's of views that only have 5-10 views each and only 5% watch time.

Quality over quantity.

Awesome reply, thank you Beanie. Once you get a lot of subscribers, do you suggest posting regularly to prevent them from unsubscribing? (Of course still making sure the quality is on point and not just posting for the sake of it)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Awesome reply, thank you Beanie. Once you get a lot of subscribers, do you suggest posting regularly to prevent them from unsubscribing? (Of course still making sure the quality is on point and not just posting for the sake of it)
Definitely, but I'd say try and keep regularly as soon as you can from the beginning to keep a good habit going.

Reactions: Deciden0w