• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What will happen if I put all my live streaming under Unlisted?

Renan El Viajero

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello, I hope a lot of you would be able to help me find the answer of the above question. I was monetized last month. And I am planning to put all my live streaming under unlisted. Will my channel be affected ? How will it affect my channel?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
This isn't a TubeBuddy question. Thread moved. Please check the section's topic before posting :)

YouTube actually added more information to the YPP about this last week! You can read about it here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72851?hl=en

1600105128711.png

Mad Titan

Subscriber Goal
If you put it under unlisted, only people with the link you provide will only see it .. The rest of the world will not, so yes I believe it will affect your channel..

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, this is actually what I would consider a 'next-level' intelligent thing to do, but more so for certain circumstances.

If you mainly livestream then this is a bad idea. It will leave your channel looking desolate and you need to show prospective followers that you make a lot of content. So if you don't make videos and you only livestream keep them public.

If you make videos but livestream from time to time then it is best to make your livestreams unlisted after a few hours or so.

The reason for this is because when you livestream YouTube treats it like a new video. So as soon as the livestream is over it is now the newest video on your channel and therefore it is the video the YouTube is going to start pushing for you. This is going to take impressions from whatever video you most recently published.

Because the appeal of a livestream is to be a part of the experience while it is live they tend to not get as many views as a regular video after they are no longer live, which is basically a waste of those impressions. So if you make videos and you prefer that YouTube feed impressions to your video instead of your finished livestream then you need to make the livestream unlisted or private.

OP
OP
Renan El Viajero

Renan El Viajero

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ok, this is actually what I would consider a 'next-level' intelligent thing to do, but more so for certain circumstances.

If you mainly livestream then this is a bad idea. It will leave your channel looking desolate and you need to show prospective followers that you make a lot of content. So if you don't make videos and you only livestream keep them public.

If you make videos but livestream from time to time then it is best to make your livestreams unlisted after a few hours or so.

The reason for this is because when you livestream YouTube treats it like a new video. So as soon as the livestream is over it is now the newest video on your channel and therefore it is the video the YouTube is going to start pushing for you. This is going to take impressions from whatever video you most recently published.

Because the appeal of a livestream is to be a part of the experience while it is live they tend to not get as many views as a regular video after they are no longer live, which is basically a waste of those impressions. So if you make videos and you prefer that YouTube feed impressions to your video instead of your finished livestream then you need to make the livestream unlisted or private.

hi Stanley, thank you for this helpful information. Yes I only do videos and live stream from time to time. And putting my live streams under unlisted will not affect my channel at all? I mean, this will not the cause of any deduction of hours. Coz I was just newly monetized on August.