• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion love my samsung but hate editing videos with it !!

R2 mk2vr6

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
whats up everyone . I am ranting today about phone editing . I use a Samsung note10+ i love the phone has great feature and a great camera the only thing that throws me off is editing videos with it . my sister-in-law (mangiawhispers) uses an iPhone and she loves editing with it and makes it look so easy. with Samsung the editor is extremely basic then if you want you can download apps but has watermarks and you need to pay to get it removed. I just wished they can upgrade it to be competitive with the other companies. whats you're take on this?

OP
OP
R2 mk2vr6

R2 mk2vr6

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I tried to download it then it crashed . I deleted the program now I can't install it cause it says you can only download it once on the same computer ... So I got screwed !!

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
My wife just started a channel and I was showing her my editing program on the PC (PowerDirector)... she asked if she could just use a phone app. I am trying to get her to use her laptop. The phone apps that I have seen are pretty limited (or too expensive).

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'll add to what @Damon said. If you want to make and edit very simple videos and that's your long term plan, then stick with the simple editors. But if you want to grow and want your tools to grow with you, you will need a more full-featured editor. One of the reasons you see me recommend Davinci Resolve in these forums is because the base version is free and when you get to the point where you need to upgrade, every skill you've learned is still used. You just have "more stuff" for a one-time license fee. It is also cross-platform and works the same on Mac or PC.

It is VERY hard to compare Apple to other eco systems because they understand the value of this idea of transferable skills. For example, you can start on the iPhone with iMovie. Move to the iPad version of iMovie for a bit more capability. Move to the MacOS version of iMovie for even more capability. Then move to Final Cut Pro. Everything you learn starting with iMovie on iPhone gets built on so you are never really starting over again as long as you stay in their ecosystem. The do the same thing with audio production with iPhone Garage Band -> iPad Garage Band -> MacOS Garage Band -> MacOS Logic Pro.

There is nothing equivalent in the Android world, but Adobe is trying hard to fill the gap in that space. Unfortunately their new "subscription" model means the majority of people pay more for the apps they use than back in the license days.

• Love
Reactions: Damon and R2 mk2vr6
OP
OP
R2 mk2vr6

R2 mk2vr6

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was able to download the davinci resolve on my computer again so ill give it a try. I do notice that my editing skills arent the best yet but i am still new to the vlogging world esp editing videos. I will definitely try to learn as much as I can so I can make better content .

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I was able to download the davinci resolve on my computer again so ill give it a try. I do notice that my editing skills arent the best yet but i am still new to the vlogging world esp editing videos. I will definitely try to learn as much as I can so I can make better content .
Resolve now has the "Cut" page, which is a simple, no frills editor. Once you want more you can move to the next page, which is "Edit". The on to compositing and color.

Easiest thing to do when you start is stick to the Cut page. You can do your media import directly in the Cut page. Next evolution will be to use the "Media" and "Edit" pages. Then you will branch out as you need to. Color to do color correction, Fusion for compositing or advanced titles, and Fairlight to clean up audio, redub audio, add SFX, etc.

Check out their free training here