• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Update on my thumbnail on one of my most popular videos

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
A few weeks ago, I updated my thumbnail on my review for a headset that I bought a while ago.

Here's the old thumbnail for comparison:

PlextoneThumbnail.jpg

Here's the new thumbnail:
PlextoneThumbnail2.jpg

Which among these 2 thumbnails stood out for you? Let me know!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
The first one gives me more context. I wonder if adding an arrow or two pointing to the headset in the second one improves the context but keeps the simplicity?

Reactions: IanDominicTV

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
1st one definitely. It's not too loud in terms of detail just the right amount of information.
The 2nd one one is too bare doesn't give enough to grab my attention.

Reactions: Nesthead21

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not really a fan of either to be honest. Maybe the first because it gives more contect to the product (the colour and photo quality looks better too) BUT there's very little context to the point they're gamine headsets. I'd consider taking a whole new photo of the headphones ONLY (with that background colour) or maybe a side shot of the headphones much more zoomed in, and the "P600!"

Also, unfortunately the P699! Is going to limit your audience as most people are interested in a $price. so you might only be getting a specific audience.

Reactions: IanDominicTV
OP
OP
IanDominicTV

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm not really a fan of either to be honest. Maybe the first because it gives more contect to the product (the colour and photo quality looks better too) BUT there's very little context to the point they're gamine headsets. I'd consider taking a whole new photo of the headphones ONLY (with that background colour) or maybe a side shot of the headphones much more zoomed in, and the "P600!"

Also, unfortunately the P699! Is going to limit your audience as most people are interested in a $price. so you might only be getting a specific audience.

Thanks for the feedback, sir.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Relentluss Gaming

First one

The bright orange is great, will stick out, you have your brand in the corner, and it clearly states what the video is about, reviewing a gaming headset.

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I agree with everyone the top one is better but might I suggest you increase the size of yourself, zoom in a bit more try to fill more of the space on the left and definitely throw in an arrow pointing to the product. Might help.