• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear rode smartlav+ lavalier microphone was dissapointing

serka

After researching microphone. I heard a lot about this and purchased. But my voice doesn`t feel right and quality even though I did all the suggested adjustment with Adobe Audition. Any idea why my voice doesn't seem any professional?
I am planning to buy Blue Yeti. If it makes any better.

• Sad
Reactions: Deciden0w and Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, that's surprising, but not by much. It's a good microphone, but it may be a bad microphone for your voice. You may sound terrible on a mic that everyone says is the best thing since earth cooled. The microphone that everyone else thinks is horrible, you may sound like a million bucks.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Did you watch some sample videos before picking one up? I always listen to some sample reviews compared with other mics to see if I like the sound, and if the sound is worth the price compared to other mics. It might not be for everyone and we all have differant tastes when it comes to how we sound on microphones. Some prefer a "brighter" sound, while I prefer a deeper "warmer" sound

Deciden0w

TubeBuddy Pro
savagebutsimple.business.site
Subscriber Goal
After researching microphone. I heard a lot about this and purchased. But my voice doesn`t feel right and quality even though I did all the suggested adjustment with Adobe Audition. Any idea why my voice doesn't seem any professional?
I am planning to buy Blue Yeti. If it makes any better.

I think its also important how you are recording your video. Are you recording outside, a room with echo etc. Also you might want to get an external audio recorder. From what I researched its best to do that (if you're recording with your phone). Let us know how you solved this issue since I am still working on perfecting my audio as well