• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Creative commons

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yes you can. BUT there is a huge, glaring issue with this, and it is the reason that NO YOU SHOULD NOT.

Anybody can upload their content as Creative Commons. Which means that they can put a licensed song into their video, they can use someone elses video and upload it. If you accidently stumble upon someone elses work that is labelled as Creative Common but which contains non-licensed content from someone else, then you will also get a strike, have your video pulled etc. And there is almost no way of telling when another creator has done this.

So yes, while you can do this it is highly advised that you do not unless you really know what you are using.

OP
OP
Knk Gaming

Knk Gaming

Subscriber Goal
Yes you can. BUT there is a huge, glaring issue with this, and it is the reason that NO YOU SHOULD NOT.

Anybody can upload their content as Creative Commons. Which means that they can put a licensed song into their video, they can use someone elses video and upload it. If you accidently stumble upon someone elses work that is labelled as Creative Common but which contains non-licensed content from someone else, then you will also get a strike, have your video pulled etc. And there is almost no way of telling when another creator has done this.

So yes, while you can do this it is highly advised that you do not unless you really know what you are using.

Atleast now, u have idea before i will use it. where can i find a music background for my intro.. im struggling to find 1.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Personally I use the YouTube Audio library. They have good music and it is free to use (I think they just require that you list the artist/songs used in the description of the video).

Of course for most creators the next step is one of several sites that offer royalty free tracks. IMOThe best of these is Epidemic sound... there is a monthly fee for Epidemic but you can actually get a discount on that through your TubeBuddy license.