• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Music Is My Kryptonite...

Volquez Robloxx

Subscriber Goal
IS it just me or Choosing a good background music is extremely complex at times? I have trouble finding the Genre or melody to go with the video. I dont have any problems finding royalty free music... Any advice on this?

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

LouisFrost

Aspiring Hero
TubeBuddy User
What are you looking at in particular Volquez?

1. Is it for gaming montage?
  2. Something for background while playing?
  3. Vlogging music?

What I like to do is,

I search up music on youtube, just look for the non copyrighted ones ofcourse.

ex;
awesome kill montage = epic orchestra no copyright
vlogging = chill fun music no copyright
Funny gameplay = happy music no copyright

The most common these have are, Keywords of the mood you are setting for your video.

OP
OP
Volquez Robloxx

Volquez Robloxx

Subscriber Goal
What are you looking at in particular Volquez?

1. Is it for gaming montage?
  2. Something for background while playing?
  3. Vlogging music?

What I like to do is,

I search up music on youtube, just look for the non copyrighted ones ofcourse.

ex;
awesome kill montage = epic orchestra no copyright
vlogging = chill fun music no copyright
Funny gameplay = happy music no copyright

The most common these have are, Keywords of the mood you are setting for your video.

Thanks for the reply, itΓÇÖs for background music. IΓÇÖll stick to those chill fun ones for sure. I appreciate it

Reactions: LouisFrost

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I would add this. In commercial projects, the musicians score to the rough edit or cut. In these types of projects, it is more common to edit to the music. I may be reading your question wrong, but I think you want to find music that has the feel you are looking for and then edit against the music.

Reactions: LouisFrost
OP
OP
Volquez Robloxx

Volquez Robloxx

Subscriber Goal
I would add this. In commercial projects, the musicians score to the rough edit or cut. In these types of projects, it is more common to edit to the music. I may be reading your question wrong, but I think you want to find music that has the feel you are looking for and then edit against the music.

You actually got it spot on. I finished editing a video a few minutes ago & I edited against the music. Solid effects and then tag the music afterwards etc. this way i feel its not to many different sounds all at once. It sounds better in my ears for sure.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A tip I have is to go through the creator studio audio library which has been recently updated where you can filter from a range of themes and moods and lengths. I just download a stack of various styles, my favourite being jazz as it repeats well and works well with my drawing videos, and then I generally rename the audio tracks such as "timelapse - jazz - original track name" "suspensful - guitar - original track name" and because I'm building a gallery for some future minecraft videos, I have some called things like "minecraft - relaxed - exploration" "minecraft - scary - cave" etc, and then when I'm looking for tracks for future videos, I can just go into my folder, look for minecraft, look for relaxed if I'm after a relaxed mood, look for scary if im after some scary music, "timelapse" if I need something for a drawing video. A wide manner of things.

Take a day or so to download, rename, and organise the tracks into moods so it's a lot easier to sort, but the youtube audio library has improved a lot in the last few months. I've been using it for years, but specifically this year, the filtering has improved significantly and they've included the month and year of the track so you can tell how new or old the track is.

Screenshot (806).png
music collection.PNG

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'm going to give you one more alternative. I realize this isn't something that everyone wants or can do, but you might be surprised at how inexpensively you can get music created for you. There are tons of people around that love to make music. Browse around, find someone that fits the style you like and reach out and ask if they are interested in creating something for you. Please pay them. No "I'll give you a shout-out" BS. Solid stuff can be had for <$200 with a complete transfer of rights.

My bumper music was created for me and I have 100% of the rights to it. It was made by someone who has worked in the gaming industry and has written music for several very well-known EA games. I also own 3 other pieces of music that I had created for some very specific use cases.

I think people assume that this is an expensive option, but as an example, if you want a loop you can use for a montage, you are basically looking at an 8-bar pattern you can loop as long as you need to. That is not a ton of work for a professional and they will likely price it according to how long it took them to create it.