• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to rank my videos on YouTube?

SulavBasnet

Subscriber Goal
I upload my videos with good tags, title and description. My thumbnails are also good. But I can't rank up in the YouTube search.
Help me .

Xarty

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I personally think it's mostly the content that you're making
I don't think there's many people searching for Indian movie trailers on YT, especially fanmade ones to the movies that has been released a while ago

Also adding a template "subscribe button" animation on full screen every 40 seconds is more annoying than encouraging to subscribe

Last edited:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I upload my videos with good tags, title and description. My thumbnails are also good. But I can't rank up in the YouTube search.
Help me .
We all think our thumbnails and tags are good, but unless you have the data to back it up, you're simply going by your feelings, and evidently if you're not ranking, then the data isn't backing up your feelings. What's your CTR and impressions like? Are your keywords actually ranking in incognito mode? If your impressions and CTR are low, it generally means your thumbnail isn't as "good" as you think it is, and trust me, what we think is a good thumbnail, isn't always correct. I recently thought I made a great improvement to my thumbnail, when it actually resulted in HALF the views.

Another thing that will raise your ranking is your average view duration. If only 10% of people watch the video (The same problem I have) YouTube sees that as people not being interested in your video, so they won't show it as much, or another video with better views than you, will rank higher.

Ranking and data is a very humbling metric, as it shows us the truth of our videos, and the truth is almost always "We can do better".

It's also like asking your friends and family for an opinion, and an anonymous stranger for an opinion. A friend will compliment you because they don't want to hurt your feelings, but an anonymous stranger doesn't care about your feelings and will tell you straight up if something you think is good, is actually good or not.

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
YouTube Ranking depends on two things high retention time and High CTA; recently on creator insider the official youtube update channel said that they are also considering Seasonal trends as a ranking factor as well; so surely there are many factors but the ones i pointed out are the main ones.

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
Make a good title that goes with your video. Put in YouTube Suggested search keywords for your tags such as, go on YouTube and you want to make a video on How to draw a cat. You will see YouTube suggested other stuff like How to draw a cat in 2020. That would be used as a good tag for your video and description and will rank you in search. I'm not to sure on the rest I'm still learning myself as well but hope you rank your videos and grow :)