• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to get first 1000 Subscribers ?

SulavBasnet

Subscriber Goal
You can upload good quality videos with good content. Upload daily when you are new in YouTube. Share your videos to social platforms. And focus on the video title, tags, description and thumbnail.
Good luck

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I believe in slow and steady. as a new creator, people will need to see the seriousness in you before clicking on that beautiful red button. just be consistent and work on improving your content to the satisfaction of your viewers to make them subscribe to your channel. I tried interviewing some students today and one said, "When I view a channel and I am pleased with the content, I don't need to hear please subscribe before I hit the button but if I am not pleased with the first few seconds, I click away." my dear, I had to advice myself to put more effort on my production. I believe that we just need to strive to do quality work to attract subscribers. My take.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The key is to create content for your Ideal Audience. No amount of hard work, patience or awesome content you put out if there is no audience to watch it. Find your audience first. Find out who you want to make content for and target that audience. If you wanna make cooking videos make sure who you're targetting. Are you gonna make videos for vegans, for amateurs, or maybe for baking. Maybe you're a gamer who wants to make videos, but for who? Call Of Duty fans, people looking for a funny person who plays videogames or maybe people looking for game reviews.

These days you have to go more with the trends but not so much as to limit yourself to just that one trend. Try to find your Ideal Audience and learn to expand.

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I like the last statement @Brave Star's post, " Try to find your ideal audience." Fantastic. You may be doing what everybody is doing but using different approach that will be suitable for some set of people will definitely make you stand out.

Boating Journey

TubeBuddy Star
www.boatingjourney.com
Subscriber Goal
On that same note - We get it. Slow and steady. We're at 551 subscribers (gaining about 88 per 28 days) and 890 watch hours. My question for everyone is, how can a new channel have 2500 subscribers and 20k views right from the beginning?? There's one channel (also boating channel) that is only 6 months old (we've been doing this for 3 years) and it's already surpassed us. Plus the quality is not near that of ours. It's baffling to us!

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Honestly i would worry less about the first 1,000 subscribers and focus on the 4,000 watch hours requirement. 4,000 hours watchtime will get you 1,000 subscribers. But 1,000 subscribers wont necessarily get you 4,000 hours watchtime.

It probably depends a lot on the channel. For my channel getting 1000 subscribers was the big challenge, getting watchtime was easy. I had less than 200 subscribers when I reached 4k hours.

But I agree that you should not focus on the subscriber number, you should probably not focus on the watch time either. Your main focus should always be to create quality content.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It's pretty "easy" to get 1000 subscribers. perseverance, determination, and the ability to study and learn. And time, time is the most important thing of all.

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

Reactions: Boating Journey

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm similar to @Ater I have nearly 4k watch time and I have less than 500 subs, during August I was gaining 15-20 hours watch time a day, it's slowed to 10 hours daily at the moment, but based on last year, it should get a boost at Christmas again.

Go to your analytics and see which of your videos are performing the best, which have the highest views and which are gaining the most subscribers, then make more videos like that. Viewers need to see the goods before they become subscribers and with a bigger video library, you can show them what you're all about and that you're not a one-trick creator.

@Boating Journey I feel you on this, I'm in the same er boat! Maybe they're lucky, maybe they had a big social media following before starting YouTube, maybe they're buying subscribers, maybe they are just very good at marketing. Look at what they are doing, then keep doing it better - if you can't beat them, learn from them. When I'm planning a new video I watch the competition's video and think about what I would change/could do better, also read their comments to see what their viewers didn't like so that you can fill that gap.

Reactions: Boating Journey