• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Views not counting.

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I have submitted a similar question before and I am doing that again because I really need to understand how it works. Are there days that views on your videos do not count?

When I started my channel three months ago, the number of clicks on my videos on my Facebook page equals the views on my YouTube channel but it's no longer same these days.

I get views that I even asked how to make my viewers my subscribers. It is encouraging to see that people are viewing your channel as It gives you this unexplained energy to make more good content to keep them coming back but in a situation where you can't even tell if they are viewing because you are not seeing the count, it can be disheartening. To whom it may concern, kindly let me know what the problem is so I can address it. Thanks

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
When you check the Facebook analytics, does the number of "unique views" vs just "views" match? This is under the Insights menu on Facebook.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
So Facebook "unique views" matches YouTube "views", while Facebook "views" does not match YouTube "views"?

I ask because I was looking into this a few months back. I found this site which may be out of date, so I don't vouch for its accuracy, but it describes what counts as a view on the major platforms. The most important part is that it IS different for different sites.

Reactions: Maryprecious
OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
So Facebook "unique views" matches YouTube "views", while Facebook "views" does not match YouTube "views"?

I ask because I was looking into this a few months back. I found this site which may be out of date, so I don't vouch for its accuracy, but it describes what counts as a view on the major platforms. The most important part is that it IS different for different sites.
Facebook unique views doesn't match YouTube unique views.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal

Thanks for responding.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
It may actually take time but we will get there someday. Most times I feel like giving up but my children keep encouraging me.
We will surely get there. Thanks but it will also be good we know what works and what doesn't that will be a good foundation to stand on.