• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Liking someone elseΓÇÖs comment

LouisFrost

Aspiring Hero
TubeBuddy User
I could be wrong but I haven't experienced getting notified when someone likes my comment on other people's video, though I do get notified when they reply or subscribe as far as that's concerned.

Reactions: Uncle Momo

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I do occasionally, but not as a rule. The little bell will show that someone has liked my comment on x video or has liked my reply, but this doesn't always happen. I had 19 likes on a comment I made on someone else's video and I didn't get one notification. Maybe they just do it when the creator likes it.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think its not too great how you get notified your comment has been liked. For example I made a comment and I got a notification it got a like, a few days pass and someone made a comment so I clicked to see what it was, my comment had 30 likes but I didn't get a notification for them. I assume this is the case the other way round.

Reactions: Uncle Momo

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Here's the answer to your question. I commented on one of TubeBuddy's videos and then went back on a second account and liked my comment. Then when I switched back there was a notification that someone liked my comment. The images below show the before and after the comment was liked. Top right corner of the images where there red arrow is.

Schedule-YouTube-Videos-to-be-removed-with-TubeBuddy-Sunset-Videos-YouTube (1).pngSchedule-YouTube-Videos-to-be-removed-with-TubeBuddy-Sunset-Videos-YouTube (2).png

OP
OP
Uncle Momo

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Here's the answer to your question. I commented on one of TubeBuddy's videos and then went back on a second account and liked my comment. Then when I switched back there was a notification that someone liked my comment. The images below show the before and after the comment was liked. Top right corner of the images where there red arrow is.

View attachment 7359View attachment 7360
That is fantastic, I thought liking someone elseΓÇÖs comment would notify that person and have a 50/50 chance of that person investing which may lead them to actually visit that particular channel

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
YT's notifications aren't exactly great at letting you know xD

Sometimes it'll let you know, sometimes it won't. You also should check your settings as well.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
That is fantastic, I thought liking someone elseΓÇÖs comment would notify that person and have a 50/50 chance of that person investing which may lead them to actually visit that particular channel

This is actually why they got rid of it. People spammed it and imagine seeing 100's of channels liking random comments from you.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If I comment on TubeBuddy's video's, and tubebuddy likes my comment, the notification will show up as "Tubebuddy loved your comment" but if Uncle Momo likes my comment on TubeBuddy's video, it will come up as "Someone liked your comment" I think that's always the case, and after a while you won't even get a notification, especially if your comment gets thousands of likes.

Liking someone else's comment that isn't the original creator provides no reward other than a warm fuzzy feeling that you liked something, and it boosted their "like" count, but they'll have no idea who liked it, so it's just about enjoying that warn fuzzy feeling and nothing more :)