• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion should ill stop uploading to youtube?..

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Hi, so i msged with a lot of you from TubeBuddy forums and thanks for all the help <3
but im working way to hard on my videos and then im getting nothing from it.. not even 10 views per day..
i did what my subscribers want me to do but still nothing :/
im not growing and i even made a VOICE REVEAL video! (That i really didnt liked it)
even that my channel is verified with monitization, im still earning only like 0.20$ per month...
so my hard work will never get me something.

EastCoastBabe

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi,
have you tried sharing your videos on other social platforms? I recently started uploading yesterday, but a tip I would suggest would be to use Instagram and provide hashtags when you upload on IG. Another suggestion would be to list your music as "free music", if you would like. Other content creators like myself use free music and credit the artist in our descriptions with a provided link. I like your music btw!!

OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Hi,
have you tried sharing your videos on other social platforms? I recently started uploading yesterday, but a tip I would suggest would be to use Instagram and provide hashtags when you upload on IG. Another suggestion would be to list your music as "free music", if you would like. Other content creators like myself use free music and credit the artist in our descriptions with a provided link. I like your music btw!!
hi, yes ive tried everywhere.
facebook groups, discord, tweeter, forums & IG..
none gave me views..
and thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SoyManuelMedina

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You need to do what you feel is necessary, but you also have to understand it was never going to be easy.
You are monetized and you are getting views. But neither is at the level you want? Then if you desire to continue making content you may need to pivot. Either focus on making content that you enjoy making regardless of income or go all-in on a plan to improve performance. You may need to learn new skills, you may need to improve your product in ways that you dont feel like doing it and you are definitely going tk spend a LOT of your free time making this happen. So if yoh continue be aware of that and be prepared in advance.

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi,
I would suggest you to stay consistent and follow your passion. it is a really great achievement that your youtube channel is monetized. now do some more efforts and take the following actions to earn more profit;
1. Try to make more variations and quality content, as a youtuber is a "content creator" first and an "Entrepreneur" later.
2. try to uplift the quality of your audio more than video.
3. Start your own merchandise, and start give-away as soon as you reach the huge volume of subscriber.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think you should ask yourself are on YouTube to make money or because you enjoy sharing your content?

If it's to make money you will need to find out what your viewers want and give it to them, but this may not be the content you want to make as it's more about the viewer. You will earn money but you may not be happy.
If you are on YouTube to share your content and you don't really care if it gets watched or makes money then you can upload what you want when you want and it's more about you. You will be happier but this may not make you enough money to survive on.

It sounds like you have been doing a lot of scenario one recently, maybe it's time to sit back for a bit and work on scenario two while you reassess your chancel and what you want to get from your channel and how much you are willing to sacrifice to get that.

OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
I think you should ask yourself are on YouTube to make money or because you enjoy sharing your content?

If it's to make money you will need to find out what your viewers want and give it to them, but this may not be the content you want to make as it's more about the viewer. You will earn money but you may not be happy.
If you are on YouTube to share your content and you don't really care if it gets watched or makes money then you can upload what you want when you want and it's more about you. You will be happier but this may not make you enough money to survive on.

It sounds like you have been doing a lot of scenario one recently, maybe it's time to sit back for a bit and work on scenario two while you reassess your chancel and what you want to get from your channel and how much you are willing to sacrifice to get that.
The thing is that i already asked my subscribers what they want to see, and i did what they told me to do.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
If you don't find it fun or don't enjoy creating your videos don't to it any more or just take a break from it. If you are enjoying it and having fun while doing it, don't care about the views. Every now and then I take a month or even a few months break from creating videos when I feel a bit burned out with content creation.

If you look at success in the form of money remember that just beaning monetized probably means that you have done better than 95% of the people that ever creates a channel.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have a look at your the top videos that bring in the most views and the videos that bring in the most subscribers, are they the same?

I'm currently uploading a series of travel vlogs that aren't as popular with my viewers as some of my other videos, they're not getting great watch numbers or gaining me a lot of subscribers - in fact, I think it has lost me one - but I want to put these videos out as they are part of my journey. And I think they will pick up once I get the ride or die subscribers that go back through your video library and watch everything, true fans. I need this break from trying to satisfy my viewers and worrying about numbers - I'm putting out something that I like on my channel.

Make a couple of videos that are about what you want; what you enjoy. Don't do it for the numbers, don't do it for the money, just get in front of the camera and have fun, it sounds like you need to fall back in love with YouTube again, because at the moment it's bringing you down.

Reactions: Ido Berg
OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Have a look at your the top videos that bring in the most views and the videos that bring in the most subscribers, are they the same?

I'm currently uploading a series of travel vlogs that aren't as popular with my viewers as some of my other videos, they're not getting great watch numbers or gaining me a lot of subscribers - in fact, I think it has lost me one - but I want to put these videos out as they are part of my journey. And I think they will pick up once I get the ride or die subscribers that go back through your video library and watch everything, true fans. I need this break from trying to satisfy my viewers and worrying about numbers - I'm putting out something that I like on my channel.

Make a couple of videos that are about what you want; what you enjoy. Don't do it for the numbers, don't do it for the money, just get in front of the camera and have fun, it sounds like you need to fall back in love with YouTube again, because at the moment it's bringing you down.
thank you.
and the most videos that gave me the most views its a bout YouTuber (davie504) that his making sometimes challenges for other musicians and this is what giving me more views.
but its really rare when his making challenges videos..
and you never can know when will be the next challenge.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Dude donΓÇÖt be so hard on yourself, if it makes you feel better, my videos get around 20 ish views OVERALL, not per day, my latest video bombed really hard at 9 views, but lately I havenΓÇÖt been active enough in sharing around the place, mostly because my girl is top priority, and now I have my career back after half a year, and still reworking my schedule so IΓÇÖm balancing everything as even as I can.

A lot of users here have given you good tips and advice, but have you actually been doing them?

Everyone, myself included, has basically written about how hard it is to crack it on YouTube, especially if youΓÇÖre in a very congested niche and do nothing to stand out above the rest, and as everyone pointed out, a little research in what viewers want from you, and making content that pulls in those viewers, wonΓÇÖt harm you in any way.

Hoping to see some improvements and progress.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I can relate to that. I was close to giving up my dreams of becoming a successful YouTuber but a lot of videos later, I am starting to become successful.

WV Pet Project

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I posted a video this morning that has gotten 9 views. That stinks. But you know what? It happens- and, I have a video to edit...so I am certainly not going to sit around a feel sorry for myself. You have 1000 subs and are monetized, which is the goal of MANY people on youtube. That cannot be the end goal though, because you still need views- as you have stated- BUT that takes time, and luck sometimes. Your videos will get watch time, it just might take a while.... Fun fact...the WORST video I have ever posted (on my personal youtube channel, many years ago), has been viewed over 13,000 times... NO editing, shaky camera, no cover photo, horrible sound, I certainly haven't tried to get anyone to watch it- it just happens- and it will happen for your videos too. In the meantime, and I say this with kindness- if you want to quit every time you do not get the results you want, youtube is not gonna work for you. Chin up, move forward!

NattyRockz

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi, so i msged with a lot of you from TubeBuddy forums and thanks for all the help <3
but im working way to hard on my videos and then im getting nothing from it.. not even 10 views per day..
i did what my subscribers want me to do but still nothing :/
im not growing and i even made a VOICE REVEAL video! (That i really didnt liked it)
even that my channel is verified with monitization, im still earning only like 0.20$ per month...
so my hard work will never get me something.
Patience is key to success. So keep working on your content and sure that your work willl be recognized. Hard work never fails and don't ever give up.

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just had a look at your channel.

Sorted the videos by most viewed.
One of your videos has had 74k views!
A couple with just the guitar tabs have 4-5k views..

Maybe go back to similar videos like those?