• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gaming What do you think about the new RTX 3000 series graphics cards?

Xarty

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm a bit thrilled for their release, even though I bought a used RTX 2060 Super and I don't have that much money to upgrade anymore.
Nvidia also announced Nvidia Broadcast, software that might help content creators. I'll probably use it for background removal purposes.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
IF the tests hold up, you will be able to get a 3070 for ~$600 that will perform better or equal to a 2080ti that was over $1000. Considering very little pushes the capabilities of the 2080ti, it seems like a really good deal.

You are seeing them release more and more apps that leverage teh processing capabilities for the cards. That is going to be an interesting place to watch.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
realistically my GTX 1080ti will get the job done for a little while longer, but the RTX 3090 looks pretty juicy. Jayz2cents pretty much said anyone who recently got an RTX 2060 might have a bit of buyers remorse now.

Wait til Gamers Nexus do some videos, they go in depth on the boards and their cooling capabilities.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Wait til Gamers Nexus do some videos...

IF you believe the hype, this basically makes their Quadro cards obsolete as well. And you can offload Artificial Intelligence work to the card easily. It just might be the "one ring to rule them all"

One card for gaming, creative and a ton of AI-driven applications.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm excited about this release as I have a 1060 3GB that has been at the limit for a while and didn't feel upgrading was worth it. The 3070 and 3080 both look like great options although I will probably get the 3070 as it should be great for years and take less power.

While I use the card for video editing I know my kids will love the fact their game will play better as I constantly hear about the frame rate dropping!

Volfra

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have gtx 1060 6GB, It does job perfectly. I can play Valorant with 300fps.
Probably not buying new graphics card before csgo, valorant or games like that are doing their graphics better.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It's always nice with new advances. But I bought a RTX 2060 1.5 years ago so it will most likely be a few years until I have to upgrade again.

OP
OP
Xarty

Xarty

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm excited about this release as I have a 1060 3GB that has been at the limit for a while and didn't feel upgrading was worth it. The 3070 and 3080 both look like great options although I will probably get the 3070 as it should be great for years and take less power.

While I use the card for video editing I know my kids will love the fact their game will play better as I constantly hear about the frame rate dropping!

I had the same GPU, that's why I upgraded to RTX 2060 Super, the lack of VRAM was the biggest issue.
I couldn't record Doom Eternal at lowest settings in full 1080p at more than 30fps.

Reactions: WorldComposting