• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Silly error...

So, i uploaded a video this afternoon with a glaring error in the title - the main search term... after an hour or so, I'd normally have a few views, likes or comments, but so far, many fewer than normal... i have fixed the the error, but is it worth just binning it and starting again, or will that further affect the "almighty algorithm"...?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would leave it, your subscribers will probably watch it anyway, and the algorithm should pick it up on the other words. See how it is in 24hrs now you have updated the title, you can always republish it then if it's tanking.
Have you done the SEO for the correct title?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Tough call, but I would leave it. It hurts; you know you took a small hit but at the end of the day it isn't a hit that will make a long-term impact on the performance of the video. The time you would spend deleting/reuploading is better spent on the next video.

OP
OP
Little Tipple
I would leave it, your subscribers will probably watch it anyway, and the algorithm should pick it up on the other words. See how it is in 24hrs now you have updated the title, you can always republish it then if it's tanking.
Have you done the SEO for the correct title?
Really didnΓÇÖt mean to hit the angry button - sorry! Hope IΓÇÖve undone it! And yep, I did the SEO, was just a stupid error in typing after IΓÇÖd sorted it out! And thanks, thatΓÇÖs good advice! So far, itΓÇÖs done ok, but got great retention!

T
Tough call, but I would leave it. It hurts; you know you took a small hit but at the end of the day it isn't a hit that will make a long-term impact on the performance of the video. The time you would spend deleting/reuploading is better spent on the next video.
Thats a great way to look at it, thank you!

Reactions: Kari B

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So, i uploaded a video this afternoon with a glaring error in the title - the main search term... after an hour or so, I'd normally have a few views, likes or comments, but so far, many fewer than normal... i have fixed the the error, but is it worth just binning it and starting again, or will that further affect the "almighty algorithm"...?

I would keep it, and let it do better in search overtime. As @Stanley Orchard said better to leave it and learn, then take it down and upset your current audience.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Keeping in mind sometimes YouTube holds the views to "verify" them. sometimes, so while you might not intially have the views you thought, they might actually catch up after 24/48 hours. That happened to me once or twice.