• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Advice Streamyard video result-- How do I improve quality

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

I asked about multiple streaming gear and was adviced to use Streamyard or Prism.

I did a video with stream Yard after subcribing to the channel but the quality of the video is not that impressive. Please can someone help me review the video and direct me what I need to do to improve the quality.

I used my laptop camera and a lightening but I just feel like the video is not that clear and the quality is not very good.

the link is below.

View: https://youtu.be/mpLVqtBqxyU

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'm seeing the video at 720p and do see some artifacting. What was the intended resolution? What type of internet service do you have? If cable, they are typically asymmetrical so your upload speeds can be significantly slower that your download speeds. It has the type of artifacting that makes me think there were bandwidth issues.

I haven't used Streamyard, but I know a few other services have a bandwidth test that tells you if you are uploading fast enough. If they have one you might want to check and see how they grade the quality of your upload bandwidth.

Other thought is to go to speedtest.net and check your upload speeds from the device you used to broadcast the stream.

OP
OP
Blessing

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I'm seeing the video at 720p and do see some artifacting. What was the intended resolution? What type of internet service do you have? If cable, they are typically asymmetrical so your upload speeds can be significantly slower that your download speeds. It has the type of artifacting that makes me think there were bandwidth issues.

I haven't used Streamyard, but I know a few other services have a bandwidth test that tells you if you are uploading fast enough. If they have one you might want to check and see how they grade the quality of your upload bandwidth.

Other thought is to go to speedtest.net and check your upload speeds from the device you used to broadcast the stream.
Oh dear, I wish I understood what all the computer language you just mentioned.
What is bandwidth test? How do I do it?

What is 720p and artifacting? What know a thing about resolution.

I used my home WI-FI so is that cable? How do I solve this? How do one solve a bandwidth issue?

Thanks for responding to me, wish I know more computering stuff.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The bandwidth test is the speed at which you can upload and download files over your Internet service. This can affect the quality of a livestream video.that website he provided, speedtest, can give you an idea of how fast your upload and downloads are.

720p is the resolution of a video. The most common resolution people are aware of is 1080p which everyone calls HD. 720p is the next lower resolution where it's still kinda HD but with a bit less quality. Basically the bigger the number the bigger the size of the video before it starts to distort. Artifacting is the distortions or pixelation you see in a video that makes it look bad.

If you're using WiFi that adds to the problem of a slow connection to the Internet, especially depending on the WiFi on the PC and the WiFi device. Wired directly to the router is prefered for livestream. It ensures you use all the bandwidth you got without the limitations of WiFi. It's why gaming on WiFi is not recommended for FPS games as it affects your reaction speed in the game.

These days 50 Mbs of speed (bandwidth) down from your ISP is the minimum most people should have just for using things like Netflix, light gaming and browsing. And maybe not all at the same time. This usually comes with 5 to 0 Mbs up, not really fast but enough for basic stuff. I had 150 Mbs down, 15 Mbs up a few months ago. Today I have 1 Gb up and down.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Brave Starr nailed it.

Blessing, do us a favor and go to the site I linked and run the test. Then screen shot and post it back here. That would give us some information we can potentially use to give you better advice.

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Brave Starr nailed it.

Blessing, do us a favor and go to the site I linked and run the test. Then screen shot and post it back here. That would give us some information we can potentially use to give you better advice.

Wanna see mine? I blow people's minds every time I share it. LOL

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Speedtest-by-Ookla-The-Global-Broadband-Speed-Test.png

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Nice! My issue is the RG6 in my house. They ran a new run to the house, but once it hits the house I'm on 22 year old, heat-impacted RG6. They actually let me plug into the new line directly to prove the issue was in my house. Direct I was getting 1g down, 256k up. Then the second it hit the junction box and came into the house I lost it... Ping times are good though ;)

Speed Test.png