• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Views on YouTube

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
@ Tubebuddy's Admins...To whom it may concern. Kindly help explain this because I do not seem to understand. I just noticed that my views from Facebook no longer counts on YouTube, what could be the problem? Thanks

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Derral Eves covered this in one of his recent videos, he did an experiment and found that not all videos watched on Facebook counted on YouTube. He suggested linking your channel rather than a video on Facebook so that viewers have to follow the link to YouTube where the view will definitely count. It's something to do with embedding I think, and I'm sure techy people can explain it better, but that's the general gist.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Thanks @Karri B. I will check out the video and do as stipulated. ❤️

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I can tell you with data that I had a friend share my videos to Facebook today and I just watched the views on the shared video go up. Looking at the Analytics the traffic came from Facebook. This wasn't an embed or similar, but a share. They wee absolutely being counted int he view count.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That would be an issue between facebook and YouTube which Tubebuddy has no control over, so this isn't a tubebuddy question. Thread moved to YouTube Questions.