• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion sort by new

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think you need to give us a bit more contest, maybe a screenshot to help us understand what you mean by this. I always thought comments have always been sorted by new?

OP
OP
P

Phoenix Diluted

Here's two for you the first is the comment page for individual videos and the second is for all comments. The problem is the comment page for all the comments is missing the sort by new function which could (and sometimes) makes me miss comments from previous videos.

Attachments

• Capturefirst.JPG
    Capturefirst.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 155
  • CaptureSecond.JPG
    CaptureSecond.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 152

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Here's two for you the first is the comment page for individual videos and the second is for all comments. The problem is the comment page for all the comments is missing the sort by new function which could (and sometimes) makes me miss comments from previous videos.

I THINK I'm starting to understand what you mean. It's a complicated one because of the way YouTube's reply to reply system works. This is something I too have wanted some expansion with, if my understanding is correct.

So YouTube has had very bad filtering for years. They only just introduced comment filters to let you sort by not yet replied. However, if you sort by not yet replied, it will filter out any replies, to your replies, because you've replied to the comment (reply inception lol)

So this is where tubebuddy COULD be helpful, but I agree, they do need to expand a little bit. If you go into Advanced comment mode of Tubebuddy, you can sort it so it shows comments by OTHER people, and then filtering it so it shows comments you HAVE replied to (so if someone responds to you, you'll see that) the issue there is the "and contains" section needs to be expanded for the option of replies
Screenshot (6725).png

So here, you see there's some extra filter. I'd assume (no filter) would be the same as (contains text) because if you go questions, profanity extra, it will only focus on questions and profanity, but then it would filter out regular comments, so I'll assume (no filter) means ALL comments.

Screenshot (6724)_LI.jpg

The issue I see here, is that you won't necessarily be able to filter a comment from 3 days ago, to a comment from 2 weeks ago, because the original comment is the "parent" in terms of a tree view. You'd have to eliminate all comments except ffor replies, and would have to eliminate the "parent" element. I'm not sure if that's possible from a programming of API standpoint. @Andrew or @Phil could probably go into more detail as to weather that's possible.

It would actually be amazing if those kind of filters, to sort replies to OUR replies by most recent would be possible. we'll have to wait and see what they say.

A very complex solution, to a very complex problem. But I THINK I understand now.

Am I on the right path here?

OP
OP
P

Phoenix Diluted

I think I do, but would it be that difficult to just sort by any new comment? As in the program detects any new incoming comment/reply and then just adds it to an array (or API equivalent)

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You can try using the filters option for that

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I THINK I'm starting to understand what you mean. It's a complicated one because of the way YouTube's reply to reply system works. This is something I too have wanted some expansion with, if my understanding is correct.

So YouTube has had very bad filtering for years. They only just introduced comment filters to let you sort by not yet replied. However, if you sort by not yet replied, it will filter out any replies, to your replies, because you've replied to the comment (reply inception lol)

So this is where tubebuddy COULD be helpful, but I agree, they do need to expand a little bit. If you go into Advanced comment mode of Tubebuddy, you can sort it so it shows comments by OTHER people, and then filtering it so it shows comments you HAVE replied to (so if someone responds to you, you'll see that) the issue there is the "and contains" section needs to be expanded for the option of replies
View attachment 7287

So here, you see there's some extra filter. I'd assume (no filter) would be the same as (contains text) because if you go questions, profanity extra, it will only focus on questions and profanity, but then it would filter out regular comments, so I'll assume (no filter) means ALL comments.

View attachment 7286
The issue I see here, is that you won't necessarily be able to filter a comment from 3 days ago, to a comment from 2 weeks ago, because the original comment is the "parent" in terms of a tree view. You'd have to eliminate all comments except ffor replies, and would have to eliminate the "parent" element. I'm not sure if that's possible from a programming of API standpoint. @Andrew or @Phil could probably go into more detail as to weather that's possible.

It would actually be amazing if those kind of filters, to sort replies to OUR replies by most recent would be possible. we'll have to wait and see what they say.

A very complex solution, to a very complex problem. But I THINK I understand now.

Am I on the right path here?

Spot on.

Reactions: Beanie Draws