• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Start That Fire (Valorant Montage but its perfectly synced)

Volfra

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: Volfra
Title of thread: Start That Fire (Valorant Montage but its perfectly synced)
Self review: 1. Is the first 0-5 seconds intro OK? Maybe people quit the video before looking the actual video?. 2. Is the music good and synced good enough with kills? 3. Is 1:20 - 1:30 too slow showing one kill? 4. Is 1:44-1:45 fast-forward too weird? Should cut it out? 5. Is 1:54-1:55 fast-forward OK? 6. The ending looks good for me, but what's the best ending for this video?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8kjESg_Cc

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25281/

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Volfra,

You got yourself a pretty good video there. I'll tackle each question you asked.

1) For a new channel, a short and sweet intro is perfect. Gives you enough of a chance to promote your brand so it can be recognized as you grow and it doesn't turn people away because it's too long.

2) The music is good for this video. I personally don't watch many montages and don't necessarily do it for the music but this one was well done. You definitely put a lot of work into using the music with the clips.

3) I think the slow mo was fine in my opinion but everyone has their own taste. Still don't think it's a big deal because it was short thus not making or breaking the video.

4) Like the slow mo it's ok. Not noticeable enough to make or break the video. Perhaps doing it too much in future videos may not be good though so keep that in mind.

5) Same as 4

6) The ending is fantastic. I would suggest one thing. Take advantage to promote both the video you linked to and ask viewers to subscribe by pointing to your avatar on the screen. Encourage viewers to like, subscribe and comment. That way you can interact with them and grow your channel.

Other than that you got yourself a good video. Just keep up the good work and don't be afraid to experiment with new ideas. You're a new channel thus making mistakes and trying things that may or may not work is perfect for this time in your channel.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
So, I've played Valorant since the closed beta, so I have a pretty good context for the game. I'll address some of your questions specifically.

(1) I am immediately trying to determine if this is you playing, you and your "team" playing, or just a montage. There is nothing int he opening that tells me that. I'm more inclined to watch if I know its you or your team. especially if you are a high-level player. And from the video it is hard to tell because it looks like shots are picked out of context.

(2), (3), (4), (5) are all creative choices. I don't have issue with them. But I think they could help reenforce my comment (1) above.

(6) Ending seems fine, but doesn't help reenforce (1).

Other thoughts:
- Using in-game chat as an overlay would be good. Especially if another player is commenting on the play made
- Is "perfectly synced" something you are using for SEO or keywords? It doesn't tell me anything meaningful about the video
- Feels like featuring an agent or two might make the videos more powerful, increase search hits and draw a bigger audience. E.g. "Valorant - Volfra's Top Killjoy Kills (Montage)" or "Valorant - Phoenix/Sage team take down newbs (Montage)"

Reactions: Volfra
OP
OP
Volfra

Volfra

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
- Using in-game chat as an overlay would be good. Especially if another player is commenting on the play made
- Is "perfectly synced" something you are using for SEO or keywords? It doesn't tell me anything meaningful about the video

Thanks for review!

The title I put seems to be best for me. I have ranked in the top 10 pages. "Montage" alone is not enough for being ranked. There are many videos with titles "A Valorant Montage" and "Valorant montage but perfectly synced" So I combined them "A Valorant Montage but perfectly synced"

Perfectly synced means that the video kills are synced with music.
About my rank: There is first line written that I am playing with Immortal-Radiant players. The video is focused only on my kills not team.

Last edited by a moderator:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for review!

The title I put seems to be best for me. I have ranked in the top 10 pages. "Montage" alone is not enough for being ranked. There are many videos with titles "A Valorant Montage" and "Valorant montage but perfectly synced" So I combined them "A Valorant Montage but perfectly synced"

Perfectly synced means that the video kills are synced with music.
About my rank: There is first line written that I am playing with Immortal-Radiant players. The video is focused only on my kills not team.
I think you should hype yourself more in the title then!

yootoober

Great video overall! But I'm going to give some feedback for you to really polish everything.

The intro logo animation needs some work. I think it's somewhere between being simplistic or extravagant. It's pretty static but with some twitching and zooming/scaling etc. I'd like it if you either went for a static logo with less zoom/twitching/color displacement (the twitch in the end is of the intro is ok though), or if you went for a fully animated intro with the logo being 3D. I don't know if I'm right though, something is not right though. It could be the logo itself, I get you went for the letters of your name forming the logo, but I think it needs to be more symmetrical and aligned. And there's too many effects on the logo like contours, gradient, metal texture, shadows. I'd go for about two effects.

Right after the intro I really like the transparent text. The shots with "start that fire" and "authours" has the same motion (moving forward and tilting up) which breaks the smoothness of the editing. The rest of the video is good! The fast forward is alright but I'd suggest adding some motion blur to make it look smoother.

I'm not one who watch montages that much, but I watched the whole video through which is a good sign!

• Wow

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
I dont understand the perfectly synced, part. - this is out of my realm

One thing I suggest the intro is 4 seconds that is good, keep intro or improve on it, but the other screens after that I would get rid of it. they know the music by the title, after intro id play song and game play immediately. no need for slides to show artist and song. also its not just killing that gets views, capture bloopers, glitches, funny moments, and add it to ur title, artist - song - then i would say something about the game play like a kill streak and over hype it or Funniest bloopers etc... like another person said, either get a overlay like a streaming overlay for your game play to cover chat. or do it while your editing the video with something or just blur out anything anybody says period. good practice. my personal opinion i am not doubting your gaming skill or anything but i would reach out to twitch streamers that have solid clips or footage and ask them permission to use them if you are willing to give them credit and a link in the description, then in the title you can even brag who is playing to get more views. if it is a well known streamer. or yt stream doesn't have to be twitch. Look at me im over here helping my competition :p your welcome man. no hard feelings.

• Wow

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
The video is great overall. Thumbnail 10/10 | Video 8/10. The intro could be a little be short, but good as it is. Good Job