• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Will Views Change If

RandomFamilia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
If I post 3 - 4 times weekly and then change it to 1 - 2 times weekly will this have a negative impact on my channel, like how often they are posted by YouTube, how many views I receive ect.?

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you change your upload schedule, maybe make an announcement video so that your subscribers will be aware of the change and won't just assume you are becoming inactive or something when you start posting less. Video results (views,subscribers, etc) is mostly about quality and not quantity, so if your videos are still good quality it probably won't affect your channel negatively that much. Hope this helps.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I cut back my posting schedule almost a year ago. My overall views did drop (as I expected), but my views per video have stayed about the same. Not sure if it affected my impressions. I have not tracked them that closely, but my CTR (percentage) has stayed about the same.

Reactions: RandomFamilia

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You may notice a slight dip in your views as you will be publishing videos less often, but as long as you are uploading at least once a week on a regular basis it shouldn't affect the algorithm. As @Legacy said viewers like quality over quantity, so if you can't make four good videos a week, then it's better to cut it down to two.
I cut down from two to one a week because I didn't have time to film, edit and have a life outside of YouTube and I noticed my overall monthly views dropped a bit, but per video, they were the same.
It's better to have a constant uploading schedule you can keep up with, and maybe a bonus video now and again, than to struggle and burn out.

OP
OP
R

RandomFamilia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
If you change your upload schedule, maybe make an announcement video so that your subscribers will be aware of the change and won't just assume you are becoming inactive or something when you start posting less. Video results (views,subscribers, etc) is mostly about quality and not quantity, so if your videos are still good quality it probably won't affect your channel negatively that much. Hope this helps.
Thank you I appreciate your feedback.

I cut back my posting schedule almost a year ago. My overall views did drop (as I expected), but my views per video have stayed about the same. Not sure if it affected my impressions. I have not tracked them that closely, but my CTR (percentage) has stayed about the same.
Thank you, I appreciate your response.

You may notice a slight dip in your views as you will be publishing videos less often, but as long as you are uploading at least once a week on a regular basis it shouldn't affect the algorithm. As @Legacy said viewers like quality over quantity, so if you can't make four good videos a week, then it's better to cut it down to two.
I cut down from two to one a week because I didn't have time to film, edit and have a life outside of YouTube and I noticed my overall monthly views dropped a bit, but per video, they were the same.
It's better to have a constant uploading schedule you can keep up with, and maybe a bonus video now and again, than to struggle and burn out.
True, I believe that is what I am doing, burning out so before that happens completely I think I will do less.

Reactions: Kari B

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
you are going to get a cut in views, though we couldnt predict how much. It depends on how your audience reacts. For example it is possible you are giving them more than they can watch and cutting your posts may cause more excitement and longer watchtime. This in turn may cause YouTube to share out your videos more in suggested and gain you more views.

This scenario is purely for example and is unlikely to represent your specific case, but it is a possibility. More importantly it represents the importance of understanding the characteristics of your personal audience.

So, take a crack at it. See what happens. It is worth making the change to see how your audience reacts.

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This isn't a question about TubeBuddy, this is a question regarding strategies so I've moved the thread.

In my opinion, and I'm just going from long term observation and learning... on a short term scale going from 3-4 times weekly to 1-2 times weekly WILL impact the channel short term. It won't really have any impact on your older videos, but overall, less videos a week means less views a week and potentially less chances to be served out in suggested.

That said, I don't think it would have any noticable impact. It seems the algorithm cares more about the video you release, and how people react to that video as to weather the next video is more likely to be recommended or not, and that's to do with individual videos rather than the amount of videos.

Now, with that in mind, it seems generally speaking, Videos are better off being given a day or 2 breathing room to allow the data and analytics to gather. So theoretically, it shouldn't make a huge differance, and realistically might be better as you're focusing more on the quality of individual videos and letting their data collect, as apposed to mas videos canabalising your other videos views. So you might actually be better off only uploading 1-2 times a week.

I don't know if there's any hard evidence to prove either theory correct, and what works for one channel might not work for another, but generally speaking, the consensus is uploading daily isn't a good idea anymore and you only one to publish 1-3 times a week to give your videos breathing room.

No harm in trying and seeing if you notice any change.