• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Theme days

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Wanted to get people's thoughts on this. I am considering shifting to a two video a week schedule but having each release date have a theme. So Tuesdays would focus on "professional" content (e.g. how tos, etc.) and Tuesday would be more about professional skills.

Has anyone tried something similar? Any pros or cons?

The rationale is that my Tuesday content would be a lot of my core messaging, while my Thursday content would be more driven by tag explorer and search.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You can do it and I have seen people do it. Where they define the day like " Wednesday Checkups" or " Tools Tuesday".

At the end, until you actually try, you don't know it's results.

Inform your audience beforehand about your plan so that they know the expectations.

Just go ahead .. My opinion! All the Best !

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This is pretty much our approach: a solid, 'core' video on Mondays with a subsequent 'how-to,' 'supplimental' or just a fun additional video on Thursdays. We have a 360┬░ camera and we used to do 360 Thursdays, but it was a bit much. So now we do that 1-2 times per month and use other filler videos for Thursdays.

We doubled up like this back in April and after a month saw some really impressive results. Be prepared (and I do like your plan of attack) and this can be a very successful transition for you.

OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
This is pretty much our approach: a solid, 'core' video on Mondays with a subsequent 'how-to,' 'supplimental' or just a fun additional video on Thursdays. We have a 360┬░ camera and we used to do 360 Thursdays, but it was a bit much. So now we do that 1-2 times per month and use other filler videos for Thursdays.

We doubled up like this back in April and after a month saw some really impressive results. Be prepared (and I do like your plan of attack) and this can be a very successful transition for you.

Thanks for that. Its confirming what I've suspected. I polled my audience and people universally said they wanted me to do both content types. I think I'll run an experiment for a few weeks and see what happens.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In essence, you're creating 2 kinds of "shows" on your channel. I have been considering this as a means to attract people who like the genre of the content I wish to make but not necessarily all of it. Thus one can provide a specific day they can watch the content they want to watch from you.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Wanted to get people's thoughts on this. I am considering shifting to a two video a week schedule but having each release date have a theme. So Tuesdays would focus on "professional" content (e.g. how tos, etc.) and Tuesday would be more about professional skills.

The rationale is that my Tuesday content would be a lot of my core messaging, while my Thursday content would be more driven by tag explorer and search.

It's a good strategy and "fun" both for you and the audience. If you can keep it consistent, it's actually a good way to keep a level of scheduled that provides even more incentive to subscribe. For example, Mike Shinoda streams on weekdays, and generally wednesday or friday is "Art day" so while he is a music producer, he's got his audience accustomed to expecting an art day once a week on a music channel, and it works well for him.
I used to do a thing called "tutorial Tuesday" for a fun spin on a word, but eventually I couldn't keep up to the schedual, but if you can keep up to the schedual, you definitely can build up a level of expectation. And if you keep it consitent to a pattern, people will notice the pattern if they look at your video library too. "oh, this person seems to do tutorials on one day, and vlogs these other days" etc.

Pretty good tactic that I'd actually kinda forgot to take into consideration. I should try this again myself.

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I subscribe to channels that do this, but honestly I don't remember their schedule and so I'm usually just excited that a new video by them popped up in my feed. Not all your subscribers are going to be like this, though, and hopefully it ends up being a good way to get folks who just want your core messaging to know when to "dial in". Good luck!! :heart: :heart:

OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I subscribe to channels that do this, but honestly I don't remember their schedule and so I'm usually just excited that a new video by them popped up in my feed. Not all your subscribers are going to be like this, though, and hopefully it ends up being a good way to get folks who just want your core messaging to know when to "dial in". Good luck!! :heart: :heart:
Yeah, I'm in this weird situation where one type of video I post is driving the YouTube views and the other is driving outside opportunities. I mean that literally. So it's hard to stop doing both, but it feels like publishing one of each every week might help.

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User

I have seen your content regarding corporate culture and usually, your content is extremely useful when it comes to topics related to Career growth. Why not stick to this niche and expand on it further mixing it with how to's every now and then as well. You really can blow up big time and become a powerful contender in your niche please do not underestimate your self you got all the firepower in the world like knowledge; voice delivery; you show your face and have a studio. Why are you so laid back and hesitant please do more live streams and start backing your self full-on 100 percent.
Sorry for pushing you hard like this but i feel and think that you really are a promising content creator and can go far away in your niche i will apologize if i broke any limitations here; best of luck.

OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I have seen your content regarding corporate culture and usually, your content is extremely useful when it comes to topics related to Career growth. Why not stick to this niche and expand on it further mixing it with how to's every now and then as well. You really can blow up big time and become a powerful contender in your niche please do not underestimate your self you got all the firepower in the world like knowledge; voice delivery; you show your face and have a studio. Why are you so laid back and hesitant please do more live streams and start backing your self full-on 100 percent.
Sorry for pushing you hard like this but i feel and think that you really are a promising content creator and can go far away in your niche i will apologize if i broke any limitations here; best of luck.
LOL, not at all. I'm actually tip-toeing around a non-compete from my previous employer until December 1st, so it puts a small limit on what I can and can't do. Those are the main limits at the moment. It causes me to lean on the professional development content. But to your point, that's the content that has really taken off.

• Love
Reactions: LiquidOcelot