• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How true is the rumor?

vinc8nt

TubeBuddy User
A rumor is circulating among a group of content providers that the algorithm excludes in the analytics the comments with emojis, how true is it?

Reactions: Kirankv29

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My understanding is most people have no idea how the YouTube algorithm actually works. It's a huge secret for YT. Most can only speculate based on trial and error testing and even then the results are rarely of any significance. I see no reason to exclude them unless a comment is purely emojis and even then it makes no sense. YouTube wants interaction, they want views and comments. Maybe not bots but still, to ignore that which they want if it's not a bot would seem to go against their goals.

I could be wrong but I don't see the logic in this being true.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I cant say for sure, but i don't believe this is accurate. Excessive emojis will screw up a video (we saw that happen with Markiplier last year) but notice that it appeared to be slightly weighted. They hadnt had issues before, but one video just happened to have too many and then suddenly there was an issue.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

please help me get grow my above channel
Hey umm, no one will help you if you spam like this dude, weΓÇÖre all taking the loooooooooong dreaded path, you know, the most painful, the most frustrating, the kind of path that would do all it can to throw your channel to the lions and then pick up the bones of your channel and cast them into the incinerator, thatΓÇÖs the path weΓÇÖre all on, and you need to join us on that same path.