• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Music Channel Hello, and What I've Learned Starting My Cover Songs Channel!

ForgottenCovers

User name: ForgottenCovers
Title of introduction: Hello, and What I've Learned Starting My Channel!
Your name/ Alias: David
Where are you from? England
How did you find TubeBuddy? Youtube Video about growing you channel!
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I joined these forums to see if I could learn anything more about growing my channel!

The biggest way I have grown my channel so far is to comment on other youtube videos that have covered the same song that I have. I do not ask them to subscribe to me, I do not ask them to visit my channel, I simply listen to their song and leave a positive comment! I focus on commenting on smaller/very small channels that have released the specific song video within the last week/month. So far, after leaving probably 400 comments over 2 weeks or so I can estimate that I gain in subscribers about 5-10% of the total amount of comments I leave. (i.e. I left 400 comments and gained 40 subscribers. This also tends to be the case on a daily basis as if I left 60 comments I gained between 3-6 subscribers the next day)

Not only do these channels subscribe to me, they very often watch several of my videos and leave very positive comments on them all. I'm not sure this would work for all types of YT channels, but it works for me! :)
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: To help a younger generation of people appreciate 60s/70s music by covering songs people may not have heard in a while :)
How frequently do you upload? 2x Week
What are your hobbies?
What is your biggest dream?
YouTube Channel Link:
www.youtube.com/c/forgottencovers

Reactions: Futbolleague

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @ForgottenCovers, welcome to our community. I've heard of people saying they get subs from channels they comment on that are of a similar genre. These are the best kind, the type who are actually interested in your content.

Please remember to read our Forum Rules and the rules for each section to ensure a better experience.