• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice I have some content ideas I'd like some feedback on.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was in the bathroom and a random idea popped into my head that I want some feedback on as to weather it's worth persuing or not.

I've been around for 5 years. Have 180+ videos under my belt... many of them are... "okay" but could be better.
I want to re-do some of my videos, and had this random idea to redo my videos, by reacting to them, as I redraw them. "I redraw my art using my own tutorials" no idea how it would go, but I can kind of imagine watching my own video in the corner of the frame (as most reaction channels do) the main frame being my new drawing, and a corner frame of me reacting to the horrible audio, or mistakes that I made... MAKING new art, while watching my old art, so an extra level of insight and reaction rather than strictly just teaching how to draw. Maybe even "reacting to my own cringe"

I've also been contemplating the "draw this in your own style" challenge, and because I'm really getting sick of my long videos... I'm thinking of doing a "1 hour, ten minutes, 1 minute challenge" and because I've had lots of people complain about me drawing too fast, 2 other ideas spinning in my mind is "can you keep up with me challenge" "I bet you can't draw faster than me/can you draw faster than me"

I'm pretty sure I have ADHD (never tested, but doctors suggest I have it) so ideas pop into my head as quickly as they leave as I forget and get distracted, so a lot of this is me just writing down my own ideas in the hopes I don't forget.

BUT, I would love some feedback as to weather you think this reacting to my own videos, to re-do them, could be a cool idea to try?

RandomFamilia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Those are awesome ideas! I think all of those would be hits. The reactions to your own cringe as you say, is something that bigger youtuers do, so it should be good, and to re-do them, ya it's like re-inacting a photo right, which is always a hit. It's worth a try!

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think this is a great idea, definitely give at least one a go. I like watching people react to their first video, and it's interesting to see we were all pretty rubbish in the beginning until we find our own style.

Could you do another blindfolded, so you just draw based on what you hear yourself say? Or draw on a big sheet of paper with a giant pen. I know they sound a bit gimmicky, but I used to love Neil B's Art Attack when he did things like that.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
If it's a good or a bad idea? Only one way to find out, do it! Try it with one video and then based on the results you know if you should do it with more videos or not.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow .. I love the idea !!!!!!! Go for it and as @Ater said, the actual result will be known after doing it and how you present it. All the very Best !!!

( by the way, I get my ideas in bathroom too )

cok sunbro

TubeBuddy User
I was in the bathroom and a random idea popped into my head that I want some feedback on as to weather it's worth persuing or not.

I've been around for 5 years. Have 180+ videos under my belt... many of them are... "okay" but could be better.
I want to re-do some of my videos, and had this random idea to redo my videos, by reacting to them, as I redraw them. "I redraw my art using my own tutorials" no idea how it would go, but I can kind of imagine watching my own video in the corner of the frame (as most reaction channels do) the main frame being my new drawing, and a corner frame of me reacting to the horrible audio, or mistakes that I made... MAKING new art, while watching my old art, so an extra level of insight and reaction rather than strictly just teaching how to draw. Maybe even "reacting to my own cringe"

I've also been contemplating the "draw this in your own style" challenge, and because I'm really getting sick of my long videos... I'm thinking of doing a "1 hour, ten minutes, 1 minute challenge" and because I've had lots of people complain about me drawing too fast, 2 other ideas spinning in my mind is "can you keep up with me challenge" "I bet you can't draw faster than me/can you draw faster than me"

I'm pretty sure I have ADHD (never tested, but doctors suggest I have it) so ideas pop into my head as quickly as they leave as I forget and get distracted, so a lot of this is me just writing down my own ideas in the hopes I don't forget.

BUT, I would love some feedback as to weather you think this reacting to my own videos, to re-do them, could be a cool idea to try?
Hey man, go ahead its a good Idea , remake of your own video is always good, keep in mind that viewers should not be bored, they wont feel that you are doing the same thing again and again. Good luck :)

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Revisiting old work to show how, following your own techniques/tutorials, you've improved is a cool idea. It's proof in the pudding type concept. Plus the hubris of criticizing/lightly mocking yourself may engage the audience. It could also speak to how, art--be it visual or written--is never considered truly finished by the artist. We just have to let it go. I know I've struggled with that with my writing and have revisited things just to get it off my chest so to speak.

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
OP you should be backing yourself cause this is a wonderful idea. Regarding ideas popping in and out is a phenomenon thanks to the internet we are having a state of mind where ideas keep going and leaving and long-term thinking/focussing is lacking every day. You are not the only one with issues regarding Focussing so do not think you are alone in this and try to write down your ideas on sticky notes but even if you forget pursuing them do not punish your self please cause sadly in this digital age we all are suffering from this ADHD issue. The only solution to ADHD is to spend more boring time without doing anything that seems cliche but trust me it works.

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I hope you try this. I follow a vegan YouTuber who reacts to her own old videos that offered advice she considers bad now, and reacts to them as if they were anyone else. It's so refreshing to see someone demonstrate their growth. It reminds me that everyone started somewhere, and we didn't all pop up with full, cinema quality videos. :heart: :heart:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Iteration is growth. I did an episode and wrote a blog on my creative process and noted how I constantly iterate. In fact, I've tightened up some ideas presented in my last episode and will be showing that improvement on the next episode.

So I, for one, am a huge fan of going back and improving old stuff. Can't guarantee I'm your typical audience, but I think showing improvement and growth helps make you more human. And I like seeing that.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

I can relate to that.