• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Running multiple channels on YouTube

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What are your thoughts, pros, and cons of running multiple channels on YouTube?

For me, as long as you have enough time and a lot of effort, you will grow with multiple platforms.

My pros of running multiple channels are the following:
  • You can earn more money with multiple channels if those channels are part of the YPP
  • More viewers will see your channels.
Cons:
  • Time management can be tough for running 3 channels.

Reactions: Damon

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm barely managing one channel, but some of the bigger channels IΓÇÖve subscribed to manage 2 or 3 channels, itΓÇÖs hard work but still doable, especially if the lifestyle allows it.

Reactions: IanDominicTV

cok sunbro

TubeBuddy User
What are your thoughts, pros, and cons of running multiple channels on YouTube?

For me, as long as you have enough time and a lot of effort, you will grow with multiple platforms.

My pros of running multiple channels are the following:
  • You can earn more money with multiple channels if those channels are part of the YPP
  • More viewers will see your channels.
Cons:
  • Time management can be tough for running 3 channels.
I think it is a good idea only when your first channel is above 100k Subs, because then you will have enough audience to move to the second channel. But my personal thought is that this shouldn't be done unless you are a properly settled earning youtuber.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I trying to figure this out myself. There's my main fishing channel, but I started a second channel called Studio Edition to help people start and run their own YouTube outdoors channel. For me it's the emotional energy. Hard to run two YouTube channel, plus an online fishing tackle shop. For me I'm probably going to work on each channel seasonally. as the fishing channel winds down for the season, I'll ramp up the Studio Edition channel.

Also I want to pivot and transition "out" of making thing to sell and get into more selling digital good and services. And I really think there is a sub-niche around teach people how to build their own fishing and outdoors channels. That would lead to far more digital goods to sell.

The emotional energy is the thing though. That's what I have to manage carefully. It maybe be better to take what you would do as a second channel and simply run a podcast instead or run a series of online classes and guides.

Reactions: SoyManuelMedina

SoyManuelMedina

TubeBuddy User
Would it be so bad to run all your different topics on the same channel? At least for me subscribers only represent 1% of my viewers, so I don't think I'm getting people to actually visit my main page on YouTube, my views come from the search bar mostly.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I've tried running multiple channels in the past. They just don't work for me lol. I can only focus on one channel at a time >_<

• Love
Reactions: Damon

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have multiple.
Only one I take seriously..
The others are just video ideas that don't fit in with my main channels niche..
Thought of combining them but the risks outweigh the rewards.

zeista

i only have 1 channel, but my playlist categorize by interest.. 1 playlist for game, 1 playlist for computer, 1 playlist for review...
right now i dont know what is better, is it 1 channel with many playlist, or make it to multiple channel...

SoyManuelMedina

TubeBuddy User
What are the risks?

I have multiple.
Only one I take seriously..
The others are just video ideas that don't fit in with my main channels niche..
Thought of combining them but the risks outweigh the rewards.

That's what I do, I think my brand just grew and now I'm differentiating my content with playlists.

i only have 1 channel, but my playlist categorize by interest.. 1 playlist for game, 1 playlist for computer, 1 playlist for review...
right now i dont know what is better, is it 1 channel with many playlist, or make it to multiple channel...

• Love
Reactions: shairaumipon

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
What are the risks?

The risk losing subscribers that follow my main channel because of the topic/niche that it's mainly focused on.
Throwing in too many random out of the field videos, would risk them un-subbing or not paying too much attention to my channel.
There's a lot of competition in my niche surprisingly...

SoyManuelMedina

TubeBuddy User
Yeah, I understand that, but at least for me, subscribers mean 1% of my views, so I'm not worried about them :D

The risk losing subscribers that follow my main channel because of the topic/niche that it's mainly focused on.
Throwing in too many random out of the field videos, would risk them un-subbing or not paying too much attention to my channel.
There's a lot of competition in my niche surprisingly...