• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question comments can't see them, can't reply

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
The can't reply is an old question... and I am not 100% sure that these questions are TB... might be YT that is the problem... I just am too new to know

I have 100%, have to, go onto the actual video's to respond. It's annoying as it adds a count to my views... grr...

But it doesn't work on TB / YT studio

Comments [responses] I leave, hang, and never get sent/uploaded

But also I have comments [how many?] I don't know... that I never see

I mean loads of comments I can't see on TB/YT studio that I can see on the actual videos - why?

And then some I can't see on either [and they are not in 'held' or any of those sub groups]

Like this comment:

"Classic cock up by Simon LeBon, proving that even the pros canΓÇÖt get it right all the time, makes me feel better "

Was the 'c' word a naughty word there?

Was it meant to go into my held for review folder.. but like many comments - never made it?

So i wouldn't know I ever got that comment [and how many others I have I never found out about] - except the poster showed me they had left that message

I'm on Chrome, I do have an ad blocker on

Anyone know what's going on?

Is it TB?

Is it YT?

Am I the only person affected?

Thanks

xx

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The can't reply is an old question... and I am not 100% sure that these questions are TB... might be YT that is the problem... I just am too new to know

I have 100%, have to, go onto the actual video's to respond. It's annoying as it adds a count to my views... grr...

But it doesn't work on TB / YT studio

Comments [responses] I leave, hang, and never get sent/uploaded

But also I have comments [how many?] I don't know... that I never see

I mean loads of comments I can't see on TB/YT studio that I can see on the actual videos - why?

And then some I can't see on either [and they are not in 'held' or any of those sub groups]

Like this comment:

"Classic cock up by Simon LeBon, proving that even the pros canΓÇÖt get it right all the time, makes me feel better "

Was it meant to go into my held for review folder.. but like many comments - never made it?

So i wouldn't know I ever got that comment [and how many others I have I never found out about] - except the poster showed me they had left that message

I'm on Chrome, I do have an ad blocker on

Anyone know what's going on?

Is it TB?

Is it YT?

Am I the only person affected?

Thanks

xx

This is YT adding it to that folder and isn't a TubeBuddy issue. Moved to YouTube discussions. You can always change these settings at any time :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8iFv4oo8Vw

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Nope

I never mentioned any folder

The comment does NOT go into a folder

I was saying SHOULD it have gone into the folder and got lost??????

Does TB have any comment feature - if so where do I find that feature, I guess it will be useless too - as it will be based on the same faulty YT comment section that doesn't work

Anyone else on Chrome with an ad block... have any issues with comments within YouTube

As dealing with them on the videos - will cause no end of issues if I ever get monetised

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Depends is that on your blocked words list? if not it won't be added by YT If so, it's a YT issue.

We don't touch this area when it comes because YT has it's own system.

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
No it's not on my blocked list, though Simon le Bon should be... hmm

I got the email with the quote

But no quote on the video or anywhere, not in any 'holding area'

I asked the person to resubmit the comment without the cock word... and it came through

But then there is another comment with the word 'cock' in it ... that was posted on the video [as normal] - same video and around the same time frame

But I'm more puzzled by how maybe 1 in 7 comments never actually get to YT Studio / comment area - and are only every on the actual video comment section???

Thanks for the help

cok sunbro

TubeBuddy User
Hey man,
I know what you are talking about.
The ones you are not able to see in the comment list are not a new comment.
Thing is when a person replies to a comment , it is not shown in the Studio comment section.
Although it does come in your notification tab if the comment on which the person is replying is your comment.
Its not an issue. It just a feature not to treat reply as a new comment.