• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Manually arrange the order of canned responses

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Currently, you can star canned responses, but there is no easy way to then manually order the starred responses or the ones that aren't starred. I think it would be a handy little thing if we could order these ourselves. It would also be cool to have an option where the most frequently used responses are automatically put higher in the list.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Currently, you can star canned responses, but there is no easy way to then manually order the starred responses or the ones that aren't starred. I think it would be a handy little thing if we could order these ourselves. It would also be cool to have an option where the most frequently used responses are automatically put higher in the list.

You have my vote! I also would love to have the option to have multiple versions and TB randomly selects under a saved option! I thought this was already suggested, but I think I just told the devs myself hahaha

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
Thanks for the suggestion. This is definitely something we can look in to. It's not the most complex task every but would take a significant effort to implement in all of the areas that Canned Responses touches. In the meantime, a hack to get around it would be to start the name of each canned response with a number. For example...

05 This is response 1
10 This is response 2
20 This is response 3
30 This is response 4

So when TubeBuddy sorts them alphabetically, they will be sorted by the 2 numbers that start each name. And I'd leave gaps/spaces that could be filled in later (instead of 1,2,3,4 do 10, 20, 30, 40) and there is room to insert new ones between them. No ideal, but better than nothing for now.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the suggestion. This is definitely something we can look in to. It's not the most complex task every but would take a significant effort to implement in all of the areas that Canned Responses touches. In the meantime, a hack to get around it would be to start the name of each canned response with a number. For example...

05 This is response 1
10 This is response 2
20 This is response 3
30 This is response 4

So when TubeBuddy sorts them alphabetically, they will be sorted by the 2 numbers that start each name. And I'd leave gaps/spaces that could be filled in later (instead of 1,2,3,4 do 10, 20, 30, 40) and there is room to insert new ones between them. No ideal, but better than nothing for now.

Good work around! I think with more community support this could be a great feature. I'd also like the ability to maybe randomize similar response types into groupings, but maybe that is it's own feature all together haha

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

05 This is response 1
10 This is response 2
20 This is response 3
30 This is response 4

I tend to do this when naming my files now as well but clever idea to incorporate that into naming the canned responses. I'll be doing this in the future

Reactions: TubeBuddy