• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Added chapter

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I see this 'added chapter' on my videolytics but I do not understand what it means and how to go about. Please help!

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think it might be chapters or timestamps you can add to your videos, this is great if you cover different things in your video that someone might search for separately eg. in my Disneyland video I cover the Eurostar so I could put a chapter in there and if someone Googled Eurostar to Paris my video might come up.

Annie Dube did a video on this recently -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbcZZLsPXeo

• Love
Reactions: Maryprecious
OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I think it might be chapters or timestamps you can add to your videos, this is great if you cover different things in your video that someone might search for separately eg. in my Disneyland video I cover the Eurostar so I could put a chapter in there and if someone Googled Eurostar to Paris my video might come up.

Annie Dube did a video on this recently -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbcZZLsPXeo
Thanks so much @Karri B. I'm always please with your prompt respeonse.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You're welcome, I'm just glad I can help, and I hope that is what you're looking for :) I only found Annie's channel a few months ago and I've found it really helpful for videos on how to use YT features and how to grow on YT.

Reactions: Maryprecious
OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
You're welcome, I'm just glad I can help, and I hope that is what you're looking for :) I only found Annie's channel a few months ago and I've found it really helpful for videos on how to use YT features and how to grow on YT.
It was really helpful.

Reactions: Kari B

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
They're VERY good for long videos, especially educational and tutorial videos. I'm not sure yet how they impact on overall retention. Theoretically they should help increase retention by helping people navigate to sections of the video they want to watch, instead of wasting a viewer's time with fluff where they'd normally just click off. Too often I've seen "video starts at" comments when a video's introduction is too long. Often a video with an intro that's too long will get complaints, dislikes, and people will leave the video because it's wasting their time... but with chapters you should theoretically be able to avoid this by letting the audience skip directly to relevant parts of the video instead of leaving all together.

I think we'll see more about how they impact overall watch time in the coming months and year. You might not notice directly their impact on NEW videos, but for creators like myself who've had a channel for years... applying chapters to old videos will definitely show in the audience retention graph if the chapters have made much of a differance in time.