• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help i have no ideas of making thumbnails :(

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Hi, i have no ideas of making thumbnails to my new videos because all of what i do in them is playing Bass Guitar.
im uploading a video right now! so if someone that can help me with making a thumbnail to my video that im uploading now, ill shoutout you in my video and in my community Tab.
i really need help with it.. so its will be SUPER nice from you if you will can help :)
have a awesome day.
and maybe ill learn something from the way you will make my thumbnail who knows

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey man no worries, IΓÇÖll try my best. HereΓÇÖs what you DONΓÇÖT want to make (excuse the poor quality):
C4816BC9-91F4-4EC8-9AC8-9CC9C867E1C9.jpeg

This is my old thumbnail before I changed it. You donΓÇÖt want it looking too busy, like above, the main feature is over powered by those big unnecessary text boxes, and the painting pic is much smaller than it should be, IΓÇÖm on the side, thatΓÇÖs a good thing, letΓÇÖs people see who the creator is, but no one cares about social media icons now, and that white pointless strip is another distraction, so what did I do? Well:
4E57ED53-C148-46C6-80B7-5AE503029CE8.png

Sorry itΓÇÖs not the same thumbnail, but mine follow this general layout, that white strip is gone, as is the overwhelming text and the social media icons, the main feature of my videos is now obvious and is accompanied by a more subtle and semi transparent title, it will give the viewers a clear idea of what is to be expected.

So basically create a background that is nice on the eye but not over powering, but at the same time stand out in the search pages above everyone else (well thatΓÇÖs the idea anyways), have the main point of your video in picture form, usually a clear screenshot can do the trick, and just have simple but readable text, and just include yourself somewhere on it, if you can.

I find that the more simple it is the easier the viewers will get the idea of your content, IΓÇÖve only just upgraded my thumbnails so my next video that comes out, IΓÇÖll let you know how it went with the CTR.

Anyways hopefully this was enough to help steer you in the right direction, let us know how you go :)

Reactions: Ido Berg
OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
If you want to go for simple thumbnails, canva.com is the best option. It has got a free version and a paid version too. But the free version is so far good. I'm also using the same for the thumbnail creation.
Just my 0.02
Hi, thanks but ive already heard of this web