• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Niche and language ?

Merie

Subscriber Goal
Hi i'm asking my self if I should make Videos in English to be more seen?
WhatsApp do you say ?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I guess it would depend on what your channel is about. If, for example, it's Italian finance, then you would probably want it in Italian. But if your niche is generic and you are comfortable and competent speaking English, it can open up a wide range of countries that might like to see your videos. If I was really interested in content from a non-English video I would turn on the subtitles, although these can be very hit and miss so your might want to add your own :)

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The simple answer is yes to extend your reach. However you may want to consider having separate channels as the SEO (search terms, etc.) may be different in English to your native language

The Storm is coming

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Well that depends, when you reach as many people as possible you should do it in English. But when you know you're the only one in your niche in your country or one of a few go with your native language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fabien LIVESTRONG

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
for me now all is in French, but 'ill try to make somes vids in English, even make two version and launch the two vids at same time, juste changing tags and thumbs

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm unfortunately not bilingual so I donΓÇÖt really have the option of doing all my videos in other languages. IΓÇÖm impressed that you have the knowledge, good luck whatever you decide. I did start translating captions to multiple languages but my analytics say it has not paid off yet

Reactions: Fabien LIVESTRONG

Fabien LIVESTRONG

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm unfortunately not bilingual so I donΓÇÖt really have the option of doing all my videos in other languages. IΓÇÖm impressed that you have the knowledge, good luck whatever you decide. I did start translating captions to multiple languages but my analytics say it has not paid off yet

Hey Doc !
How did you make you're translations captions ? Is that an automated YT option, or do you make the multiple languages manualy ?
+1 sub for you cause i love that king of infos channel.

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did try to utilise 2 languages at the beginning by adding in additional language captions. I started to get traction in India but stopped it a while ago. Might be something I need to re-explore.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I have thought about including french sub titles but the process is really long! :( Go to your strengths if you are just starting out. Focus on that one thing, or one craft that you are really good at tan branch out from there! :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd say ideally you'd want to focus on English, keeping in mind some languages such as Spanish and Hindi have a large audience on YouTube.
If your English is poor, or your accent is quite thick and hard to understand, it might be better to stick with your language, but focus heavily on English captions.
If English isn't your first language and you want to try doing your videos in English, make sure you speak slower and clearer than you normally would as sometimes accents in a fast pace can be hard to understand.

jamesplumberparts

I did try to utilise 2 languages at the beginning by adding in additional language captions. I started to get traction in India but stopped it a while ago. Might be something I need to re-explore.
How long did it take for you to see traction in a certain country? I'm checking my geog-analytics and after nearly 5 days I'm still not seeing anything new. Wonder if there's a way to prompt YT to recrawl the video for indexing....