• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What do I do If my channel stop growing?

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Exactly... our "popular" videos have all kind of tailed off now and our growth has definitely slowed down. The only thing you can really do is keep plugging away and making high quality content that people want to click on and eventually the spark can reignite.

Try to look at that video versus your other non-successful videos and see why that one succeeded more.

Reactions: JasCool Gaming

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd use this as a learning experience. Research what content you can do without needing to use copyrighted material, if it's a game, know what their content sharing policy is and if they even allow gameplay footage being used, if it's a trailer, know you risk a copyright strike, if the video contained copyrighted music, don't use copyrighted music.

Use it as a learning experience to make future videos comply with guidelines and copyright and if you can't do that, maybe try Twitch?

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hard work, dedication and a lot of patience. I believe most channels grow in chunks, it's up, it's down, it's a standstill and then it takes off again. Look at this graph of my daily views from 2016 to today.

Attachments

• views.png
    views.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Try and make evergreen content. Trending videos are great for a quick hit, but you want to keep people coming back months later.

I've also found reviewing products has been good for me - I bought a cheap back-up stroller for my daughter from Aldi and as I was trying to get a bit more experience behind the camera I did an unboxing and review on it, not really expecting many people to watch. A year later it has nearly 4.5k views, ranks number one for search, and is one of my best performing videos.

Is there any equipment relevant to your channel that you could talk about or could you make a top ten tips for getting a high score in xyz game?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok... you made a mistake and it kinda bit you in the rear. Lesson learned. Now it's time to turn around, learn from the experience and become a better person as a result. Focus you attention on making really great content that is not going to get hit with a copyright. If you don't know how to do that you should 1) study the rules/guidelines AND 2) just practice. You are not going to nail anything overnight. You are going to need to develop skills. Pick the thing you are worst at try to improve that area of yourself in your next video. It's a long path, but if you do that every video consistently every single week after 1,000 videos you are going to have something special.

And if 1,000 videos seems like a lot consider this... did it seem like a lot before there was work involved?

Reactions: ardiansaleh

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ok... you made a mistake and it kinda bit you in the rear. Lesson learned. Now it's time to turn around, learn from the experience and become a better person as a result. Focus you attention on making really great content that is not going to get hit with a copyright. If you don't know how to do that you should 1) study the rules/guidelines AND 2) just practice. You are not going to nail anything overnight. You are going to need to develop skills. Pick the thing you are worst at try to improve that area of yourself in your next video. It's a long path, but if you do that every video consistently every single week after 1,000 videos you are going to have something special.

And if 1,000 videos seems like a lot consider this... did it seem like a lot before there was work involved?
Totally agree , for me all the points you said are valid plus i think persistence, I think if you have a good work ethic outside of YouTube youΓÇÖll succeed with YouTube itself

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Growth is directly into the results you put in. You know you're not here's how we can fix it do more keyword research around popular videos on the channel and make follow ups, see what is working in your CTR and impression rate, and finally REALLY pay attention to all the data that's the most important part.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Keep making more content. Figure out what got your into that copyright strike and learn from it.

It might suck to get lower views than you have previously, but know that you *can* reach those heights :)

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
It's unfortunate that happened but you will just have to learn from your mistakes. I make piano covers and some songs get lots of views and some don't. I find that there is some defiantly some luck involved but just continue making new content and just grow as a content creator. It's definitely a long grind.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I bring hope your way. I have been striked like 5 times down since I started. I read policy and guidelines but my niche is very horrible so competitors actually flag your video. I was once depressed but I am learning to abide by the rules and do better. I had a video that was performing good flagged after 1 year on YouTube just because someone flagged it. I have learnt that I must be someones cup of tea and I must be doing something good that competitors hate. So, go back and check out that channel, the people that cuased the strike, what have they done that was good, why did people like that video? Then do your own twist, orginal video that is better than theirs. One thing you can learn is that your subcribers want videos like that, so make it, learn what you need to learn. If it is a gomputer program then do the course.
Dtermination is the key word, fighting spirit is what you need to embrace and learning everyday is the miracle.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Keep focusing on what makes your hardcore group of subscribers happy. Retention is important and growth will come after that. So long as you have that community then at least you aren't ungrowing (forgot the opposite word of growth lol...SHRINKING!)