• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Food Losing weight

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you have the option to subscribe to "hellofresh" it's a food delivery service, you pay a weekly fee and they bring the ingredients right to your house. Saves going to the grocery store where you could be compelled to impulse buy junk food. The portions are appropriate and the food is super tastey and you get lots of options. That's one of the best options I've found out, including cutting down on junk food. drinking lots of water. You can probably watch a few of @DrEkberg videos too, he's done video on keto and wellness, so there could be some diet/health videos that might interest you

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
What worked for me is using a tracking app. It is really about calories in v calories burned. Eat less, move more is what most of us need.

My go to at the house is 1 cup mixed veggies (I make & freeze my own) and 100 gr of pork. And drink a few liters of water a day. I ate that for lunch and dinner for a few years. As long as I combined that with tons of walking, I lost 25 kilos and maintained it for 2 years. Then the lockdown... and months of sitting around... not good... hopefully we get out of lockdown soon...

Umaimas Cuisine 2

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I love food, especially eating out. Can anybody recommend a quick meal that I could prepare at home in an effort to drop a few pounds.
1 min Mug Cake . Its so easy to make and so soft ,fluffy and delicious . You can also check the recipe on my channel.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
#1 piece of advice. Plan your meals. If you have a plan you tend to follow it. If not, you fall back on dining out.

And an Instant Pot (or similar) is your friend.

Pooper2471

Honestly, I always drink a couple bottles of water in the morning and eat a Granny Smith apple before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have one Oreo cookie after lunch and dinner. Once I run out of Oreos, though, I'm going Chips Ahoy. Same calories, but with less added sugar.

I don't buy Thins, because that will leave too much to be desired, and I'll end up back in the void again. The point for myself is to get a cookie that's low on calories that will still be big enough to satisfy me.

MXP90DL

I'm 70 and have learned that food intake needs to be watched. All the workouts I have ever done are not the 1st answer to loosing pounds. It will however make you healthier. If I can just put into my body a bit less that food than I burned up that one day will go farther than anything else. I watch my scale in the first thing in the morning. If my weight holds or just a tad down I know what I ate the day before was just right. If it goes up I try and eat just a bit less till this all works.

Now the biggest thing that helps is drinking lots of water every day. 8 or a bit more of red solo cups of water is about minimum to make that really help. I have heard some call it the water diet.

Works for me

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
The best app to loose weight is 'Self-Discipline.' I use to be on the fat side and was placed on diet but as soon as I complete the period, I see myself growing fat again until I was advised by a nutritionist that in addition to following a diet plan and doing exercises, that I must discipline myself and to my amazement, it worked like a miracle. :cool: ;)

Deciden0w

TubeBuddy Pro
savagebutsimple.business.site
Subscriber Goal
What worked for me is using a tracking app. It is really about calories in v calories burned. Eat less, move more is what most of us need.

My go to at the house is 1 cup mixed veggies (I make & freeze my own) and 100 gr of pork. And drink a few liters of water a day. I ate that for lunch and dinner for a few years. As long as I combined that with tons of walking, I lost 25 kilos and maintained it for 2 years. Then the lockdown... and months of sitting around... not good... hopefully we get out of lockdown soon...

This is the solution!

Its all about counting your calories and making sure that you eat below your normal calorie intake.

So for example if you calculate that normally you eat 2,000 daily or 14,000 calories weekly. To lose weight you have to eat below this. Generally you can initial start your weight loss journey with a 500 calorie deficit (3,500 = 1 lb of fat, so 500X7)

The main point is to track your calories and then eat below that.

As far as what to eat. It really doesn't matter as long as you hit your calorie goal. You do have to make sure that you are eating enough protein (1 gram per pound so if you are 150lbs then you have to make sure you eat around 150 grams of protein) Also don't forget about your fiber as well!

As far as eating out, just be mindful of how many calories you are eating. Then when you get home just eat whatever you can to finish up your daily caloric budget

Hope this helps!! :D

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
All diets that work are about consuming less calories than you use every day. Although there is some research that shows that you may be able to look at this over multiple days or even as much as a week (e.g. eat less calories a week than you use in a week).

The hardest part for most people is knowing their Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE). Most guidelines use 2000 kCals a day, which is above most people's TDEE. On the up side, you can actually be tested to determine your TDEE. The test is usually around US$100.

If you know your TDEE you have options. You can make no exercise changes and simply consume less kCals than your TDEE. But without exercise your TDEE can be really low. Mine was as low as 1300 kCals. Eating less than that sucks. So the other option is to increase your TDEE through exercise. I was able to increase mine to ~1850 kCals through exercise. In comparison, Michael Phelps was famous for having a TDEE of 12,000 kCals when he was training for the Olympics.

There is zero evidence that there is any way to consume more kCals than your TDEE and lose weight. Which is why most diets are about how you get your kCals a day. There is a lot of evidence that how you get your kCals can have a significant impact on your health.

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
As everyone has said, it's all about consuming fewer calories than you expend. You can eat pretty much whatever you want with that guideline, but you'll feel better if you're eating a well-balanced diet. For me, I need to keep it simple. I don't like to cook, so I buy healthy frozen meals. The portion is already controlled, and I enjoy the taste.

Sageofwargaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Honestly the meal doesn't matter all that much its the caloric intake of the food. But I'm a fan favorite of ants on a log. Just celery and peanut butter with raisins, my kid loves it too.

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖll throw out a rec to check out the myfitnesspal app, they have a ton of restaurant items already loaded in so you can get calories tracked on the go which is where most people fail. The most common low hanging fruit (pardon the pun) for my patients has been not drinking their calories. No sugars in any drinks really changes the game for a lot of people

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
The above comments are great and all. But if you want fast results...One word: OMAD. If you dollow this diet(meal consisting of all important nutrients) with light to moderate exercise you will loose weight fast. Why bother with all the other complicated approaches. Omad is the most simple and fastest approach to loosing weight.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Maybe try substituting things that are high cal e.g. if you normally put cheese in your sandwich, try tofu. or sub full fat milk to plant based or semi skimmed

stevenwilliams112

It is no surprise that foods play an essential role in weight management. If you're looking to lose a couple of pounds then you need to do slight changes to your diet plan but that doesn't mean you'll have to cut essential form of calories. But I guess you are interested in quick meals with low calories. You can add oats to your breakfast. They're low in calories but high in nutritional value. You can also try Pesto Ravioli with Spinach & Tomatoes or Toaster-Oven Tostadas. They're very easy to cook. You can also opt for Cbda Oil products since they're proven remedies when one chooses to lose weight. They also have other health benefits as well. Remember, It's not always a wise idea to cut on essential calories to lose weight. You should do it with a plan. You must replace your cut-off meal's nutrition with other supplements to help your body stands.

SlayerChatty

Even though this thread is three years old, PierPoint, the desire to enjoy delicious meals while working on weight loss goals remains relevant. Choosing all-natural foods can be a fantastic approach to achieving your objectives.

SlayerChatty

Even though this thread is three years old, PierPoint, the desire to enjoy delicious meals while working on weight loss goals remains relevant. Choosing all-natural foods can be a fantastic approach to achieving your objectives.
Given your love for eating out, a quick and healthy meal to prepare at home could still be a homemade salad. While the thread may be old, the benefits of incorporating fresh, natural ingredients into your meals haven't changed. You can explore all natural food to find high-quality ingredients.
To create a satisfying salad, start with a base of fresh greens, such as spinach or kale. Include lean proteins like grilled chicken or tofu for that filling factor.