• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help NOT getting more views!

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Hi every buddy, so my channel have 1.09k subscribers but half of them are not active because they didnt turned on notification...
idk how i can get more views :(
my CEO is pretty good and i do use tags, end screen, thumbnails & more CEO stuff. and the score is between 90-100% per video but still cant get any more views on my videos....
any help?..
few weeks ago i was about stoping uploading video but i love it.
the fact that im working on my video for hours in a day and then im not getting any views on it, that sucks.. if you will can help me with any tips or you can even promote my channel if you really wanna help any make my day :)
i hope ill get some good answers on this post.
thank you for taking your time reading this.
have a good day!

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Ido Berg I had a quick look at your channel and have a few suggestions. Look at your best performing videos over the past few months and try and make a follow-up or similar videos as this is what your viewers like and want more of.
I'll be honest I'm not much of a music viewer, but all your thumbnails are very similar and I wonder if your subscribers see a new one if perhaps they think they've already watched it. Maybe try switching them up a bit and see what your viewers respond to.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi every buddy, so my channel have 1.09k subscribers but half of them are not active because they didnt turned on notification...
my CEO is pretty good and i do use tags, end screen, thumbnails & more CEO stuff. and the score is between 90-100% per video but still cant get any more views on my videos....
any help?..
the fact that im working on my video for hours in a day and then im not getting any views on it, that sucks.. if you will can help me with any tips or you can even promote my channel if you really wanna help any make my day :)
have a good day!
Are the topics of your videos relevant to your audience? What's your niche? Are your thumbnails any good? And the best SEO in the world can't save a video that people just don't care about or aren't interested in watch or the thumbnail stinks, I should know, I've made plenty of videos that *I* like, but trying to convince someone else to want to see your video is a differant matter.

I could ask and ask and ask for you to watch a video on me presenting algebra maths... but if you're not interested, it doesn't matter how good my SEO is because you won't click or watch anyway.

I wanted to make my own creatures and drew them but evidently people were more interested in my spinosaurus videos because my other videos don't perform well. That's my fault for not researching my audience and taking notice of what THEY want to watch. No amount of SEO is going to convince someone to watch something they're not interested in.

If you love what you're making regardless of views, then power to you (but this seems to not be the case) you have to decide if you're making videos for your audience, or for yourself. I make lots of videos for myself and they don't get the views I "Want" and I accept that as the trade off for my artistic expression. If I want views, I draw a mosasaurus or a spinosaurus :p

You gotta know your audience and research what THEY want.

OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Ido Berg I had a quick look at your channel and have a few suggestions. Look at your best performing videos over the past few months and try and make a follow-up or similar videos as this is what your viewers like and want more of.
I'll be honest I'm not much of a music viewer, but all your thumbnails are very similar and I wonder if your subscribers see a new one if perhaps they think they've already watched it. Maybe try switching them up a bit and see what your viewers respond to.
Hi, i guess you are right.
But in my case, i did asked my viewers what they want to watch but still doesnt metter..
And about the thumbnails, idk what to about them‍♂️ i just suck at youtube.

Are the topics of your videos relevant to your audience? What's your niche? Are your thumbnails any good? And the best SEO in the world can't save a video that people just don't care about or aren't interested in watch or the thumbnail stinks, I should know, I've made plenty of videos that *I* like, but trying to convince someone else to want to see your video is a differant matter.

I could ask and ask and ask for you to watch a video on me presenting algebra maths... but if you're not interested, it doesn't matter how good my SEO is because you won't click or watch anyway.

I wanted to make my own creatures and drew them but evidently people were more interested in my spinosaurus videos because my other videos don't perform well. That's my fault for not researching my audience and taking notice of what THEY want to watch. No amount of SEO is going to convince someone to watch something they're not interested in.

If you love what you're making regardless of views, then power to you (but this seems to not be the case) you have to decide if you're making videos for your audience, or for yourself. I make lots of videos for myself and they don't get the views I "Want" and I accept that as the trade off for my artistic expression. If I want views, I draw a mosasaurus or a spinosaurus :p

You gotta know your audience and research what THEY want.
Well, if u will see my answer to kari B, this is exacly my answer to you. And idk what to do with the thumbnails..

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have a look at other creators in your niche, look at their thumbnails, and see what is working for them and emulate that style - do not outright copy them.

Can you theme the song to the thumbnail e.g. if you were covering a blues song could you make the thumbnail blue themed or if you were covering Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road you could have a yellow font or a yellow shirt on.

If you are really not confident in making your own thumbnails maybe you could hire someone (I think Fiver do this), see if that helps and if so that might be an option for the future.

Try different styles of thumbnail and see which ones have the highest CTR for you and then make more like that.

We all suck at some point, the trick is not to be too defeatest. If you really want to be a creator then try different things - there is no point keep trying the same thing and hoping for a different outcome. But if you're not getting any joy from making videos then maybe YouTube isn't for you, something like tiktok might work better - I have no idea about tiktok, but the people I know who do watch it, watch music stuff.

OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Have a look at other creators in your niche, look at their thumbnails, and see what is working for them and emulate that style - do not outright copy them.

Can you theme the song to the thumbnail e.g. if you were covering a blues song could you make the thumbnail blue themed or if you were covering Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road you could have a yellow font or a yellow shirt on.

If you are really not confident in making your own thumbnails maybe you could hire someone (I think Fiver do this), see if that helps and if so that might be an option for the future.

Try different styles of thumbnail and see which ones have the highest CTR for you and then make more like that.

We all suck at some point, the trick is not to be too defeatest. If you really want to be a creator then try different things - there is no point keep trying the same thing and hoping for a different outcome. But if you're not getting any joy from making videos then maybe YouTube isn't for you, something like tiktok might work better - I have no idea about tiktok, but the people I know who do watch it, watch music stuff.
this is the thing..
in other people thumbnails about music, they are taking pics of them self smiling or angry and stuff like that.
im not that kind of person who love to make thumbnails like that.
so idk what kind of thumbnails should ill do.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't mean to sound harsh, but your thumbnail isn't all about what you like it's about what is best/appealing to your viewers. I didn't like being in my thumbnails, but Derral recommended stepping outside of our comfort zone and giving it a go, and now I'm in a lot more - which has improved my CTR.

If you can afford it, maybe hiring someone is the way to go. They are professionals and should know what appeals to people, they won't be emotionally invested and might think up something you wouldn't have. I would give it a go for one or two thumbnails and see if CTR and views increase.

Reactions: Ido Berg
OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal

Can y
I don't mean to sound harsh, but your thumbnail isn't all about what you like it's about what is best/appealing to your viewers. I didn't like being in my thumbnails, but Derral recommended stepping outside of our comfort zone and giving it a go, and now I'm in a lot more - which has improved my CTR.

If you can afford it, maybe hiring someone is the way to go. They are professionals and should know what appeals to people, they won't be emotionally invested and might think up something you wouldn't have. I would give it a go for one or two thumbnails and see if CTR and views increase.
i guess youtube is p2w (pay too win)
heme the song to the thumbnail e.g. if you were covering a blues song could you make the thumbnail blue themed or if you were covering Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road you could have a yellow font or a yellow shirt on.

and look on his thumbnail.
this type of thumbnails are like mine 99%.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0FrnzXejwQ

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes and no. Can you see how he is looking at the camera and making eye contact; that draws viewers in. You're always looking down, which is like having your arms crossed - it doesn't look confident or approachable.
Although he looks moody and his eyes are black and dead, there is something intriguing about him.
He is also wearing black, but there is a large pop of orange-red from his guitar which makes his thumbnail pop. Yours have a slightly grey-white overtone which doesn't pop on screen.
Your colour is in the background, his is in the foreground.

Give one of these a try in your next thumbnail and see what happens. :)

OP
OP
Ido Berg

Ido Berg

Slap Like Now
Subscriber Goal
Yes and no. Can you see how he is looking at the camera and making eye contact; that draws viewers in. You're always looking down, which is like having your arms crossed - it doesn't look confident or approachable.
Although he looks moody and his eyes are black and dead, there is something intriguing about him.
He is also wearing black, but there is a large pop of orange-red from his guitar which makes his thumbnail pop. Yours have a slightly grey-white overtone which doesn't pop on screen.
Your colour is in the background, his is in the foreground.

Give one of these a try in your next thumbnail and see what happens. :)
thanks for the comments :)
and i just uploaded another video right now.
let me know what you think!

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would make the text a different colour so it stands out, but I like that it is different from what you have done before.
The request comment at the beginning of the video is out of focus, maybe do that again if you can - a small thing but it explains why you have made the video so it's kind of important.
Take a look at your tags and think 'would someone search this?' The tags are all very similar and you have your name in there a lot, but I can't see new viewers searching for those phrases. Use the TB keyword tool, I would put the title of the two songs in as keyword terms and see what it comes up with.

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I ech
any help?..
have a good day!
i echo whatΓÇÖs been said already change the thumbnails and make bold titles , make sure the viewer gets what youΓÇÖve said theyΓÇÖll get