• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Call of Duty Montage

FlawedTomato

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: FlawedTomato
Title of thread: Call of Duty Montage
Self review: I think the thumbnail and title works well, it's the most viewed video so far and the SEO score on it is the highest out of all of my videos. Also the timing of the clips with the music works and is very accurate. I think the only thing wrong with it is the choppiness of the clips when getting the kills. It was my first time doing this type of edit so have a lot of room for improvement.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/k7sRGiMnvN4

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31799/#post-96193

Reactions: ImThePuffMan

SchrodingerDeeps

Greetings!

First of all, you clearly have editing skills. Clips move well, the camera pans and scenic shots are well executed from an editing perspective. The intro is good, but perhaps a tad empty. However, I get that this is mainly because of the effort in getting it to sync so well with the music.

I would suggest filling it with perhaps a little more info - audience dependent. Things like is it a montage of multiple games, or a particular game and when. Just a clue as to what the audience is about to watch.
But the way it flys the with titles is great.

Again, music timing with grenades was very good. The use of rewind maybe a little excessive - but itΓÇÖs a great trick.

Some of the montage seems to just show the beauty of the game. I donΓÇÖt really see the other players, just a moment of execution. Which is cool, but some panorama shots maybe are not needed. It fits the music so well though, so IΓÇÖd be tempted to keep it but some viewers may disengage.

I felt like you literally threw me through a window with some of those well timed grenade throws! That was awesome.

SchrodingerDeeps

Just to expand on my last, during the panoramic shots you mentioned it being choppy. I think some neat transitions could help this. Nothing flash, just a blur fade.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey @FlawedTomato, just saw the video and I have to say you got some mean editing skills. I agree with @SchrodingerDeeps, the rewind effect may have been a bit overused but it was pretty good nonetheless. I honestly have little to point at beyond just not using the rewind effect as much. Maybe let the kill proceed and jump to another nade kill to replace to rewind. But that's just my thought.

Your thumbnail is on point though I would suggest making the bottom text a bit bigger or more visible. Remember that most of the time the thumbnail is the size of a matchbox on a PC monitor, even smaller on a smartphone. Makes it a bit hard to read.

Your channel shows a lot of promise. I recommend joining our Discord channel that's linked at the bottom of this page and checking out our Feedback Friday event we do. There are a few things your channel can benefit from that if you are picked to get a channel review you'll get some great ideas from Andrew to improve it. Just a reminder there won't be a Feedback Friday this week but next week we should have one.

Volfra

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It's not my taste of video. I would put more kills.

1. 0:12 I would shift "SEMTEX" a little left because then the background is even.
2. 1:06 - 1:08 seems over edited for me.
3. 1:29-1:31 doing this video backwards does not look good.
4. Overall tilting the video when you kill someone looks bad for me because I can't see kill.

Flying camera clips look all good.

Defined Creations

TubeBuddy User
www.definedcreations.net
Subscriber Goal
Flawed Tomato, i see why this was your highest rated video, very nice! The edits did not seem choppy at all and i also like how you laced the grenades to the overall theme of the montage. Now i want to play....Good Job.

• Wow
Reactions: Volfra

Marcprime9

TubeBuddy User
This will make me sound like a broken record but i agree with what everyone's saying about the grenade section of the video the way it's edited to the music is pretty good! That being said I would say the best part of the video was the camera pan shots. I am not expert at recorsing in game content but i swear it looks very smooth my friend! Well done. I can see why this has so many views!

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the music and editing you have that down pat. I would suggest a couple of things:
Your video is 1:42 but it takes nearly 20 seconds to get to the first grenade/semtex toss. It felt more like a tour of levels/maps than it did a pvp montage. I want to see more killing and fights or amazing range toss kills. Don't rely too much on that reversal stuff as you then zip by it so quickly on the replay. Slow it down so we can see the kill and relish in it before you move on. It might be the nature of semtex, I'm not sure. I've done a few pvp montage vids for ESO, which may give some inspiration and there are others who are way better at it than me as well that you can look to. Another thing you could do is introduce a 2-3 second screenshot right after you get the kill to show the kill and points earned. This way viewers can enjoy it more. That or slow motion replay. I've done that as well.

Where did you get the music from? If it's copyright free, I'd totally like to grab a copy. :)

dxmgaming

i think this would be really good for like a channel trailer if you made longer montages overall and have this as a channel trailer i think that would look good (thats my personal opinion) because for a full length video its abit to heavy edited and abit to unclear like you dont see half the kills