• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube analytics

Keeping up with the

Cooking with Mrs Joneses
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm having a hard time understanding YouTube analytics. When I look at what time I subscribers on YouTube it tells me like I guess 0.400 but when I post it doesn't seem like it. I'm hardly getting any views but I have subscribers and I did get them legit and I do have to go on all green as far as the important things tags length, title, overall everything is green I'm not understanding what's going on.

Reactions: WanderWithArin

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm having a hard time understanding YouTube analytics. When I look at what time I subscribers on YouTube it tells me like I guess 0.400 but when I post it doesn't seem like it. I'm hardly getting any views but I have subscribers and I did get them legit and I do have to go on all green as far as the important things tags length, title, overall everything is green I'm not understanding what's going on.

This is not a TubeBuddy question. Moved to YouTube Discussions. Please only post TubeBuddy specific questions. I would say it could be subscribers aren't interested in what they're seeing. Keep in mind on your sub feed you can potentially competing with MILLIONS of creators. Look at your analytics for browse and suggested and what are there impressions click through rate? That can REALLY help answer your question.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As @Andrew says, you could be making content that the viewers just arenΓÇÖt interested in, but hereΓÇÖs my one cents:

The Niche:
If you havenΓÇÖt, spend some time watching similar content and see what you can do that they arenΓÇÖt, see if there are gaps that you could fill in, and fill them. I did that when I was starting my channel, and even before too, I make oil painting videos, and when seeing what I can add to the oil painting niche, I found that out of everything I watched and searched, most of the videos that were just showcasing, they were either just time lapses with cheesy music, or narrated, so I thought if IΓÇÖm to just showcase my work, do I do the same? No. I didnΓÇÖt just showcase my already completed paintings, I had each one next to me while talking about it, and sort of made a physical slideshow, in short, instead of hiding behind the camera, I got in front of it and spoke to the viewers as if they were in front of me. The tutorials I make are similar to many other artists, but what I do is add some elements to the video such as a mistakes counter, accompanied by silly sound effects for each, or make little jokes, and even talk about childhood memories associated with the painting.

Positive energy:
When people watch videos, theyΓÇÖre also seeing how the creator performs in the video, and once the viewers can see the creator acting all tired and sloppy, like theyΓÇÖve just done hard overtime, or they appear to lack enthusiasm, or whatever, the viewers will click off, so make sure youΓÇÖre filming with plenty of positive energy on tap, and always show that youΓÇÖre having fun with what youΓÇÖre doing, the viewers will see it and give support.

Nagging and begging:
When you see the numbers are not in your favor, what you must absolutely not do is go around begging for everyone to hit the subscribe button, whether it be around the various platforms, or even constantly mentioning it in your videos, nothing is more off putting than this for viewers and theyΓÇÖll simply avoid you. Just upload and then gnome the numbers, especially at the start.

Titles and thumbnails:
The title entices the viewers to see what your video is about, but your thumbnails are the first thing that pops out and catches the eye, so you want to make sure you have eye catching thumbnails and well laid out titles. There are plenty of forums and literature around these TubeBuddy forums, I recommend clueing yourself up on these.

These are just a guide from my own experience as a new creator, and may not be suitable for all, as we have to create our own flavor to suit our viewers, IΓÇÖm still learning and will be as long as I have a channel. I hope things can get better for your channel, but remember youΓÇÖre in the right place for questions and advice.

Reactions: Keeping up with the

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Just a quick glance at your page, it seems you may need to work on your thumbnails a bit to make them more eye-catching. Like Damo mentioned, YouTube is visuals first and then title... much more room is dedicated to the thumbnail than the words underneath it. We are still learning exactly what is a great thumbnail ourselves, it is a learning process for sure.

The other question you may want to ask yourself is what worked for your popular content that got the subscribers in the first place that isn't working now. Maybe circle back to your more popular content and refresh it.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Your views are totally normal and to be expected for what you are doing. Thankfully there are a couple things you can optimize for more velocity longterm!

1. You need to familiarize yourself with the 'view machine.' I didn't see any cards in your videos; if you use them cool but if not you want to put those where people are dropping off. Keep them watching your content instead of leaving.

2. Every time you publish a video you need to write a pinned comment that links to another video! They are taking the time to check out your comments, take advantage and entice them into another click!

3. Your endscreen pops up... but there's little or no reason to click on that video. End your video with a ten second explanation as to why we need to check out that bmnext video!

4. I would say that i suspect your thumbnails are not working for you. If you are getting 10% or vetter CTR then throw that right out the window and keep doing what you are doing. If you are not then you need to work towards creating more captivating thumbs. Im betting these are an issue.

• Love
Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama