• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnail feedback please

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would appreciate your thoughts on my latest thumbnail. I have used shadow background for a while and I'm now wondering if block background would make the font easier to read.

Attachments

• 20200816_185511.jpg
    20200816_185511.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 20200812_094618.jpg
    20200812_094618.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 168

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In this situation, I still think it's visually difficult to see what's going on because the font used is rather thin and possibly too fancy. I'd try a differant bolder/thicker font. I also think you could possible outline the people in the thumbnail more so they stand out a bit more from a very bold colourful background. At this stage, the text gets a bit lost in either case because of the amount of detail and high contrast going on making it kind of busy.

Reactions: Kari B

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would just crop and zoom in so you both fill the entire thumbnail..maybe blur the background a bit.. I would leave out the text

Reactions: Gemini and Kari B

KOTW

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I prefer the block background - easier to read the text.

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow, it was great to wake up to all your helpful suggestions. Thank you. I chose this picture because it was bright and colourful but I can see it might be a bit busy, so I have changed the font but also found another less busy picture, and with them smiling. I'm not sure how to do blur the background or outline people, but I will look into that too.

Attachments

• 117907773_298395924824634_801876312229447410_n.jpg
    117907773_298395924824634_801876312229447410_n.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 117943424_2361964700779443_9182604486795792234_n.jpg
    117943424_2361964700779443_9182604486795792234_n.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 150

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Wow, it was great to wake up to all your helpful suggestions. Thank you. I chose this picture because it was bright and colourful but I can see it might be a bit busy, so I have changed the font but also found another less busy picture, and with them smiling. I'm not sure how to do blur the background or outline people, but I will look into that too.

Hi Kari

For background removal/highlighting/blurring, the free and cheap way is to use Powerpoint or Keynote (Mac) - vids on YT to explain how. Otherwise there are a variety of programmes - Photoscissors, Remove.bg etc, just google. I think Photoscissors gives you 3 high res downloads free so maybe a good place to start. there are also tools on Canva and Snappa. Have fun

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@EnglishwithLiz thank you, I'm currently using a very easy one as I gain experience, but I think Canva might be the way to go as a lot of people seem to use it and recommend it.

Do you like either of the two new photos?

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I would appreciate your thoughts on my latest thumbnail. I have used shadow background for a while and I'm now wondering if block background would make the font easier to read.
I think the block background is okay but will suggest if you can use a different colour instead of white to make the title bold. ;)

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
@EnglishwithLiz thank you, I'm currently using a very easy one as I gain experience, but I think Canva might be the way to go as a lot of people seem to use it and recommend it.

Do you like either of the two new photos?
Yes, a lot of people like Canva, but I tried Snappa & Canva together and found Snappa much easier to use. Canva has more features and content but they are far more restrictive on what you can download from their library. I just use Snappa for thumbnails and it is just so easy to use. I guess a personal choice but I like things simple :)

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes, a lot of people like Canva, but I tried Snappa & Canva together and found Snappa much easier to use. Canva has more features and content but they are far more restrictive on what you can download from their library. I just use Snappa for thumbnails and it is just so easy to use. I guess a personal choice but I like things simple :)
Easy is definitely better for me. Thank you, I'll check out snappa, there are a lot more how to use it videos on YouTube than the one I'm currently using, which has all been trial and error.

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Re your thumbnail, pic is OK but not bright enough - it doesn't pop, also there is very little compelling me to click on it - something like 'Why my Daughter loves PP' would make me more inclined to find out more

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you all, I've changed the picture for the one that is less busy and left the text because it's part of a series, but for the new video I have gone with a bolder text and solid background, I'm going to try different background colors and do my own AB testing until I'm a legend.

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you all, I've changed the picture for the one that is less busy and left the text because it's part of a series, but for the new video I have gone with a bolder text and solid background, I'm going to try different background colors and do my own AB testing until I'm a legend.
The key for me as a viewer is bold standout titles with colourful background images , itΓÇÖs enticing and draws me in