• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Do comments with numbers mean anything?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've noticed recently that some of my commenters are adding numbers after their comments e.g 'nice video 87', 'love this 23', 'thanks for your video 46' and I wondered if it was some sort of code I don't know about. It doesn't relate to the number of comments I have or the number of likes.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ThatΓÇÖs weird IΓÇÖve never seen anything like that, none of my comments end with numbers, IΓÇÖm sure someone will let us know what they represent :confused:

Reactions: Kari B

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Can you like send a link or screenshot a comment so I can see a example

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
The only time I have seen this is my comment section is when someone is trying to let me know what subscriber number they are since some people keep their subscriptions private. So for example I had 850 subscribers, someone commented and then wrote 851 because they went ahead and subscribed to my channel

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Legacy it tends to be quite generic comments. I wondered if it was a bot thing. Annoyingly I can't find the others now, but I have had at least six or seven in the past month like this.

Attachments

• tb photo.png
    tb photo.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The only time I have seen this is my comment section is when someone is trying to let me know what subscriber number they are since some people keep their subscriptions private. So for example I had 850 subscribers, someone commented and then wrote 851 because they went ahead and subscribed to my channel
yeah, I've seen people put 'great video, like 21' if they are the 21st person to like the video, but this doesn't have any connection.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
@Legacy it tends to be quite generic comments. I wondered if it was a bot thing. Annoyingly I can't find the others now, but I have had at least six or seven in the past month like this.
I get a lot of generic comments like that too but I haven't noticed very many of them having numbers in there comments. Their generic enough that they don't really have to actually watch the videos to leave a comment like that. And I notice some of the channels have at least thousands of not tens of thousands of subscribers but barely any videos. Channels like that are bots cause I see the same channels on a lot of channels I watch.

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Legacy thank you, this was my first thought, and would also explain why the others have disappeared - maybe YouTube did a sweep. I looked at this person's channel and they have a lot of subs but few videos or views by comparison. I also wondered how they found this video, it doesn't look as though we would have much in common. I thought perhaps it was some new trending thing that I'm too old to understand :joy:

Reactions: RandomFamilia

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Those would appear to be bots. You also see it from time to time from fake music channels.

To avoid getting these seen publically, I recommend you add into your bad words filter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, this will prevent any comment with a number from being shown publically, and all those posts will have to be manually approved first.

Also, it could be possible that some channels that have been compromised (FPT was a recent one who luckily got his channel recovered) could be sending out bot comments in the hope you go and check them out for spam reasons.

Either way, I'd delete and hide any comments with numbers that don't look human.

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've noticed recently that some of my commenters are adding numbers after their comments e.g 'nice video 87', 'love this 23', 'thanks for your video 46' and I wondered if it was some sort of code I don't know about. It doesn't relate to the number of comments I have or the number of likes.
Most likely bots trying to meet the minimum message length

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had no idea there was a minimum comment length. I've seen just a heart emoji before and loads of 'first' and they are much shorter.

Reactions: RandomFamilia

RandomFamilia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Been getting loads of nude lady (display pics) bot accounts commenting this week. Anyone else?
Yes, it has happened to me twice, luckily my husband caught it first and I caught the second one and we were able to report them right away. People are so sick.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Welcome to Gaming I haven't seen this yet, thankfully. I wonder why YouTube bans a thumbnail of a carrot because it may resemble a penis but a profile picture of an actual naked woman doesn't flag up on their system. :thinking:

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
uhmmmm, thanks for this. Now I know what these are that I see like few seconds after I upload. I wonder how come they have wathced already. Though I don't know what bot is, I will have to google it then.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We've had vulgar links and bots but nothing about numbers? I'd say just don't interact with those ones. When it comes to random bots we tend to ignore.