• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Keyword strategy for 2021 videos? (timing for the end of this year)

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
www.tarot-et-intuition.fr
Subscriber Goal
Hi Everybody,

I was wondering about the right keyword strategy for 2021 videos.
Maybe you can help.

If you're planning to publish "videos for 2021" like:
_ "my 2021 resolutions"
_ "how to plan..... in 2021"
_ etc.

If your channel is still emerging (less than 1 000 subscribers), when is the most appropriate time to publish your "2021 videos"?
_ would you rather publish soon (like from November 2020) in order to rank first (and avoid the competition of big channels)? Even if very few people look for these "2021 keywords" at this time of the year?
_ or would you rather publish in December 2020 or in January 2021 with more "specific long tail 2021 keywords"?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: vinc8nt

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think if you uploaded in November or even the end of December by the time 2021 gets here your videos would already be sunk down into the sea of videos. So maybe try aiming for like new years Eve because of timezones?

Reactions: Tarot et Intuition

dinodidwhat

i like making 2-3 teaser videos to gain audience to return or subscribe to channel... before december.. I would suggest one in october and one november.. then drop the 2021 video around later december time frame.

vinc8nt

TubeBuddy User
I think my number 1 keyword would be #theFormerNormal or #PostPandemicEntries

OP
OP
Tarot et Intuition

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
i like making 2-3 teaser videos to gain audience to return or subscribe to channel... before december.. I would suggest one in october and one november.. then drop the 2021 video around later december time frame.
Thank you very much!

Maybe I could try 24 videos like an Avent calendar, then I'll drop the videos on Christmas Day?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would post between Christmas and New Year, a lot of people are at home, they're bored, and they're binge-watching YouTube. Start looking at other people's videos from last year now, ones that got big viewer numbers, and see if they all have anything in common that you can be inspired by. You could also see when they published theirs to get an idea of what worked well.
Find a sub-topic you can stand out in. 'My New Year's Resolutions 2021' is a bit done and tired, but 'My 2021 Plan for Global Domination' or 'What Will 2021 Bring - My Predictions' are a bit more punchy and attention-grabbing.

OP
OP
Tarot et Intuition

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Owning a travel agency during this pandemic is testing as it is for sure. IΓÇÖm not even sure 2021 is a good year to focus on in my business :(

Maybe IΓÇÖll look at 2022 onwards?:joy:

But I suppose in answer to the post, it depends on your market. If there wasnΓÇÖt a pandemic I would concentrate on 2021 ASAP. Especially where my website is concerned. Keywords for the next years holiday season is always relevant as people need time to save up.

Thank you.
You know there are still many people who want to travel: first the ones who already had Covid ;)

OP
OP
Tarot et Intuition

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I would post between Christmas and New Year, a lot of people are at home, they're bored, and they're binge-watching YouTube. Start looking at other people's videos from last year now, ones that got big viewer numbers, and see if they all have anything in common that you can be inspired by. You could also see when they published theirs to get an idea of what worked well.
Find a sub-topic you can stand out in. 'My New Year's Resolutions 2021' is a bit done and tired, but 'My 2021 Plan for Global Domination' or 'What Will 2021 Bring - My Predictions' are a bit more punchy and attention-grabbing.
"What Will 2021 Bring - My Predictions" great idea, thanks :)

Reactions: Kari B