• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Wanting feedback on why the keto videos don't seem to be getting many views compared to my other videos. Keto is a popular topic. Am I doing something

ScenicSitesAndBites

TubeBuddy Pro
scenicsitesandbites.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: ScenicSitesAndBites
Title of thread: Wanting feedback on why the keto videos don't seem to be getting many views compared to my other videos. Keto is a popular topic. Am I doing something wrong?
Self review: I have been looking at this for some time and am thinking that I might need to separate the keto diet videos and create a new channel dedicated to this topic if I can't get it to work here. I have seen the popular keto videos are on channels dedicated to keto. I would like to keep it here but will do what is necessary. I also have not been consistently uploading lately as we were more travel focused before and that is been difficult these days. Making these cooking videos requires me to change around the kitchen and force everyone in the house to use headphones to watch tv or be on their computers while I take over the space, not a popular time lol. Despite the challenges I know I have to make and upload more but I am wondering if there is something else going on that I am missing? My first keto videos were longer and more dragged out but thanks to feedback I have changed the way I make them and shortened them to be more direct and get to the point and have better camera angles, despite this the views are not there.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/scenicsitesandbites
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31996/post-95906

scottkoz20

TubeBuddy Pro
I am a new person to YouTube, but something that I notice right off the bat is the duration since your last video - almost an out of sight out of mind.

As for Keto kitchen, to me, this appears is something that is an off-shoot of your primary focus of the channel (maybe it's the name of the channel also). When I read the channel description, it reads that the Keto is an afterthought. I am not 100% positive on how you can re-word/re-brand the channel but it might be worth looking at this (and adding some new content).

It does look like you added playlists recently and is something that is going to be worthwhile to catalog what have on the channel - can give someone the ability to watch that content.

I hope this feedback is found to be helpful.

Reactions: ScenicSitesAndBites

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Some insight into why this may be happening:

My wife and I do a family fishing channel down here at the beach in Texas. Every week we try to fish sone different spot down here or we fish for some new species, been doing that for over three years now.

This summer we went to visit my wifes family in Wisconsin. Perfect setup... they love fishing and zi have never fished in Wisconsin. Also I have a good amou t of audience in the midwest; this seemed like the perfect storm of events for a killer series of videos!

We filmed four videos... they all tanked. Totally tanked. Our audience watches us because we show them something they don't normally get to see. They want to see the beach and saltwater. Even though these were fishing videos that seemed catered for our audience it just wasn't what they were looking for from us.

I would think you may be suffering from the same. For whatever reason your audience isn't responding to your keto content. They either prefer to consume thst content elsewhere, they don't want to see it from you or maybe they aren't into keto and there is something else about you that they tune in for?

OP
OP
ScenicSitesAndBites

ScenicSitesAndBites

TubeBuddy Pro
scenicsitesandbites.com
Subscriber Goal
I am a new person to YouTube, but something that I notice right off the bat is the duration since your last video - almost an out of sight out of mind.

As for Keto kitchen, to me, this appears is something that is an off-shoot of your primary focus of the channel (maybe it's the name of the channel also). When I read the channel description, it reads that the Keto is an afterthought. I am not 100% positive on how you can re-word/re-brand the channel but it might be worth looking at this (and adding some new content).

It does look like you added playlists recently and is something that is going to be worthwhile to catalog what have on the channel - can give someone the ability to watch that content.

I hope this feedback is found to be helpful.
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the insights.

Some insight into why this may be happening:

My wife and I do a family fishing channel down here at the beach in Texas. Every week we try to fish sone different spot down here or we fish for some new species, been doing that for over three years now.

This summer we went to visit my wifes family in Wisconsin. Perfect setup... they love fishing and zi have never fished in Wisconsin. Also I have a good amou t of audience in the midwest; this seemed like the perfect storm of events for a killer series of videos!

We filmed four videos... they all tanked. Totally tanked. Our audience watches us because we show them something they don't normally get to see. They want to see the beach and saltwater. Even though these were fishing videos that seemed catered for our audience it just wasn't what they were looking for from us.

I would think you may be suffering from the same. For whatever reason your audience isn't responding to your keto content. They either prefer to consume thst content elsewhere, they don't want to see it from you or maybe they aren't into keto and there is something else about you that they tune in for?
Thank you for your feedback. Although it's probably true that the viewers prefer to view this content somewhere else, as you can probably relate it still sucks when the work is put into it and doesn't get the views right away. I appreciate your input.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Others are going to be way more qualified to talk about whether it dilutes your channel focus. But I watch A LOT of cooking and food videos.

I find that it lacks the usual recipe flow. I would expect something like this:
- An intro
- a segment on the ingredients with text overlaid to reinforce the amounts
- A segment on the full preparation
- A segment on the cooking
- A segment on assembly
- A segment on you then eating the finished product and describing what you like about, the taste, etc.

I also noticed you didn't put the recipe in the episode notes so I have to rely completely on what you say in the video and the video is organized in a way that makes it easy for me to find the recipe.

I hope this doesn't seem hash. It really isn't intended to be. Its just you don't follow the normal conventions of a recipe video and it makes it hard to watch.

OP
OP
ScenicSitesAndBites

ScenicSitesAndBites

TubeBuddy Pro
scenicsitesandbites.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback. I truly appreciate it and will be using the feedback from everyone to make changes to the way I produce these videos.

Hi, Thanks for asking that. No, until recently I had not been regularly checking my analytics and seo / updating. I have been getting lots of great information here as well as from Think Media which I have been making changes to my routine and figuring out what I have to do, such as your suggestions. I am grateful for all of this advise and am working on a plan to ensure I get all of this done regularly. Thank you.

Volquez Robloxx

Subscriber Goal
Hey, Id say you need to upload content based on your channels intent IE, dont bounce around with keto, then travel etc. Stick to one category per channel. Also don't be afraid to watch someones channel whom is doing something similar & get ideas from said videos.