• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Alter how milestones work, so they look at total channel views via analytics & not views across public videos.

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Currently it seems as though the TubeBuddy milestones look at either your channel's about page, or just total views on public videos to decide on your upcoming milestone. This means if you live stream and unlist the stream afterwards, those views on the stream don't count towards milestones, even though the views are still counted in YouTube studio lifetime analytics. It is the same if you unlist videos. So I think it would be great if the milestones showed your true, up to date view counts etc, by looking at your analytics instead of what is on your channel's about page/public videos.

Reactions: IanDominicTV

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't totally agree, because I think only public views should count towards the milestone, BUT, I do agree that some want to unlist their livestreams after, and it's sometimes cool to see how many views/watchtime etc was gained from those, do I'd suggest having an extra milestone that celebrates LIVE milestones. Otherwise people can "abuse" the milestones to make it look like they have a lot more views then they "do"

So I think having a live milestones, and a public milestones would be better. Just my 2 cents :)

Reactions: Octorious

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't totally agree, because I think only public views should count towards the milestone, BUT, I do agree that some want to unlist their livestreams after, and it's sometimes cool to see how many views/watchtime etc was gained from those, do I'd suggest having an extra milestone that celebrates LIVE milestones. Otherwise people can "abuse" the milestones to make it look like they have a lot more views then they "do"

So I think having a live milestones, and a public milestones would be better. Just my 2 cents :)

While I agree. Sadly it's a YouTube API issue currently. This is one of those side effects of working with the API we can only do what they let us do with it.