• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback How can I make it better?

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Well, just started making a thumbnail using TB template. How can I make it better?

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Okay

Attach is the Thumbnail. Hope it's not against the rule as I could only download it from my channel.

Attachments

• bkTJw_ULqfw.png
    bkTJw_ULqfw.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 172

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Can you move yourself over to the right slightly so the text isn't over your face?
Do you need all the text? It looks a little busy.
The purple text doesn't stand out overly well against the background, I would look at contrasting colours.
I like your expression, it looks friendly and inviting.

Reactions: Maryprecious
OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Thanks but I think I'm really not good with choosing contrasting colours. Ideas please?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Because you have a hot pink top on, bright green or bright blue would compliment it. I don't think you need all the text - just putting Interesting homonyms or English homonyms would be enough because the rest would be in the title or description.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You're welcome, If you want to put a picture of the new one up when it's ready I'd be happy to give you my thoughts - but be warned I'm not always right ;)

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
lol! I will be putting up one tomorrow. I will surely alert you. :heart:

Please, Is it wise I change the picture I use for my Thumbnail or I should maintain the one I'm using currently?

Reactions: Kari B
OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
@Karin B kindly take a look at this my Thumbnail. My laptop developed fault yesterday that's I wasn't really active and couldn't send it to you for help as said.

Attachments

• whS4pGgvL5w.png
    whS4pGgvL5w.png
    585.8 KB · Views: 155

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Karin B kindly take a look at this my Thumbnail. My laptop developed fault yesterday that's I wasn't really active and couldn't send it to you for help as said.
I would try using brighter colours because those are a little dark and don't really pop.
I would remove the red X, it looks a little out of place and doesn't really add anything.
Have you thought about turning it into a question - Do you use 'said' too often? Questions help to draw people in.
Can you take another picture with a bit more expression? Over the top gestures may look silly to us, but it looks good on a small screen and if people are scrolling.
I like that you are keeping a similar theme with your thumbnails, maybe you can find a text and/or colour that you always use to help with your branding.

• Love
OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I would try using brighter colours because those are a little dark and don't really pop.
I would remove the red X, it looks a little out of place and doesn't really add anything.
Have you thought about turning it into a question - Do you use 'said' too often? Questions help to draw people in.
Can you take another picture with a bit more expression? Over the top gestures may look silly to us, but it looks good on a small screen and if people are scrolling.
I like that you are keeping a similar theme with your thumbnails, maybe you can find a text and/or colour that you always use to help with your branding.
Thanks so much will effect the corrections now.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
You're welcome. Check out Sunny's channel. I think her yellow thumbnails really pop - https://www.youtube.com/c/SunnyLenarduzzi/featured
If you are teaching English, maybe you could make red, white and blue your theme.
okay

I couldn't download the changed version but the question, "Do you often use" is in red while said is in blue. I rephrased it to "Which other way can you use said?

Attachments

• whS4pGgvL5w (1).png
    whS4pGgvL5w (1).png
    450 KB · Views: 147

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That's looking good. I like @kitchen c/o ammama idea of using your profile picture, it's friendly and professional looking. If you take a few more pictures for future use, maybe stand a little to the right so you are slightly off centre, it will give you more room for text without cutting off body parts. :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I definitely think you need to find another font, because that font isn't doing much for the thumbnail. Do you know what it's called? and does the program you use give you option for other fonts? I'd even try going with all caps for the thumb text.

You have a lovely photo. Make that photo a lot bigger in the thumbnail, place it more to the right, and then have your text bigger, in a differant font, in caps, to the left and the layout should look better.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I definitely think you need to find another font, because that font isn't doing much for the thumbnail. Do you know what it's called? and does the program you use give you option for other fonts? I'd even try going with all caps for the thumb text.

You have a lovely photo. Make that photo a lot bigger in the thumbnail, place it more to the right, and then have your text bigger, in a differant font, in caps, to the left and the layout should look better.
Thanks so much Beanie for your candid advice and suggestion. ❤️

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hi! please, this is my thumbnail for my new video. I will be adding picture tomorrow. Kindly assess please. Thanks ;)

Attachments

• yjRr8Seynd0.png
    yjRr8Seynd0.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 154