• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Resources Instagram

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
yeah Instagram doesnt allow you to share links at all. I use it to promote my videos with shorter trailers before i publish. But you cant cross-platform the link to your actual video.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Thanks because I notice it doesn't display with other icons when you want to share on social media.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The only clickable link (other than in stories) is in your bio (many people use linkify I think?) but you can just have your youtube address as your "website" and do the good old "link in bio" for whenever you post a video, pop a thumbnail of the video as your post, and make the description "link in bio" is generally how most people do it. Not against any Instagram policies, but they don't provide native linking outside of those two options.

Reactions: Maryprecious
OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
The only clickable link (other than in stories) is in your bio (many people use linkify I think?) but you can just have your youtube address as your "website" and do the good old "link in bio" for whenever you post a video, pop a thumbnail of the video as your post, and make the description "link in bio" is generally how most people do it. Not against any Instagram policies, but they don't provide native linking outside of those two options.
Thanks

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I put my channel link as my website address - I tried updating it for each video but it was a bit of a faff. I share my thumbnail, a brief description, and put 'channel link in bio'. I get the best engagement if I have been posting other related pictures that week. For example, with my Disneyland Paris video, I had been posting pictures of us at DLP to whet their appetite.

Reactions: Maryprecious