• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion All About Them Views...

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
In a recent thread several members were discussing the value of subscribers versus non-subscribers and it was brought up that everything we do is done to gain the almighty view... that the single most important thing to focus on is getting views.

This is the single thing that we are after. Simply for our work to be seen. We all want it for varying reasons. Some are proud of their work and want the validation of it being seen by their friends and peers. Others run businesses and utilize the otherwordly power of the YouTube (and Google) Search and Discovery Systems to spread the word about the servies and products they offer. Others enjoy entertaining, still others enjoy the company of their audience. But in the end all of this is earned with views.

The work that we do with Tubebuddy in conjunction with the things we do to improve our analytics and the time we spend stressing about our subscriber bases are all because we want to be seen. We want to be heard. We want to be viewed. And make no mistake; the practices that continuously get preached in this forum are exactly the way to do that.

1) Make Great, Ever-Improving Content.
2) Make Great, Ever-Improving Thumbnails
3) Capitalize on the SEO and Analytical tools provided to you.
4) Make Great, Ever-Improving relationships

Our currency as content creators is the view, and it is with these tactics that we are paid. In the end this correlates to a paycheck and more importantly it translates to opportunities for a paycheck outside the view. but it is the view that gets us where we want to go.

Be amazing. Be the best. Be different. Be 110% you. Be undeniable. Be consistent.

I've heard this all said so many times and so many different ways, but it all comes down to this:

Be worth watching. Everything else will come with that.

GatesTech

yes, thanks for this. this is the reason I wait posting new videos.. just need to get my skills right first! starting an editing class in September also following English lessons.. dutch accent is really horrible regarding English.:D

• Haha
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
In a recent thread several members were discussing the value of subscribers versus non-subscribers and it was brought up that everything we do is done to gain the almighty view... that the single most important thing to focus on is getting views.

This is the single thing that we are after. Simply for our work to be seen. We all want it for varying reasons. Some are proud of their work and want the validation of it being seen by their friends and peers. Others run businesses and utilize the otherwordly power of the YouTube (and Google) Search and Discovery Systems to spread the word about the servies and products they offer. Others enjoy entertaining, still others enjoy the company of their audience. But in the end all of this is earned with views.

The work that we do with Tubebuddy in conjunction with the things we do to improve our analytics and the time we spend stressing about our subscriber bases are all because we want to be seen. We want to be heard. We want to be viewed. And make no mistake; the practices that continuously get preached in this forum are exactly the way to do that.

Our currency as content creators is the view, and it is with these tactics that we are paid. In the end this correlates to a paycheck and more importantly it translates to opportunities for a paycheck outside the view. but it is the view that gets us where we want to go.

Be amazing. Be the best. Be different. Be 110% you. Be undeniable. Be consistent.

I've heard this all said so many times and so many different ways, but it all comes down to this:

Also more content leads to more subscribers and views! We have data and research all on this!

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@Andrew man what i would give to look at some of that data. I did a coaching session with Roberto Blake a while back, and the main takeaway from him was to double my content. He giggled when he said it too. So I doubled my content for 6 weeks, and nearly quadrupled my views/earnings etc. I have a better understanding now of why this happens, but it is still a little strange. You'd think it's as easy as 'double the videos, double the views' but there's a lot more going on than that. Really interesting stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama
OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
yes, thanks for this. this is the reason I wait posting new videos.. just need to get my skills right first! starting an editing class in September also following English lessons.. dutch accent is really horrible regarding English.:D

That's funny, I understand what you are saying... I totally want to disagree cuz it's always fun to see content in a different accent but I do understand. Good luck man!

Reactions: GatesTech

GatesTech

@Andrew man what i would give to look at some of that data. I did a coaching session with Roberto Blake a while back, and the main takeaway from him was to double my content. He giggled when he said it too. So I doubled my content for 6 weeks, and nearly quadrupled my views/earnings etc. I have a better understanding now of why this happens, but it is still a little strange. You'd think it's as easy as 'double the videos, double the views' but there's a lot more going on than that. Really interesting stuff.
well i have a lot of great ideas, thing is I'm not very good at editing.. that's why i was saying i need skills first:) i like to hear your view in this:)

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@GatesTech absolutely... everybody needs to learn editing and after it is learned you need to be always improving at it (we all do). But like the rest of us I believe you should also be creating content now, there is a lot of value in making videos while you learn. Might not be as fun, but there are things that happen that you don't realize which are very positive right now. Growing that audience who genuinely appreciates you now for who you are, building a foundation for your future work and learning some of the 'other' stuff that goes on with making videos is all REALLY important and better to learn them now then AFTER you have spent so much time taking classes etc.

GatesTech

@GatesTech absolutely... everybody needs to learn editing and after it is learned you need to be always improving at it (we all do). But like the rest of us I believe you should also be creating content now, there is a lot of value in making videos while you learn. Might not be as fun, but there are things that happen that you don't realize which are very positive right now. Growing that audience who genuinely appreciates you now for who you are, building a foundation for your future work and learning some of the 'other' stuff that goes on with making videos is all REALLY important and better to learn them now then AFTER you have spent so much time taking classes etc.
thanks for your reply, I did post a few videos in the last months, besides the fact that it made me a little insecure I'm just very perfectionist and got the feeling that I was throwing it online too quickly (in my feeling), I do got some nice feedback, one of them is someone I chat daily with nowadays so that is cool. I will try to look at this differently. Thanks! :D

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think I'm always going to be chasing something. Once I get 1000 subs, I will chase watch hours, and then views and then more likes and then more engagement and better AVD.
I also know I am striving to be better with each video, I don't expect people to watch my videos or subscribe without giving them my best in return.

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
thanks for your reply, I did post a few videos in the last months, besides the fact that it made me a little insecure I'm just very perfectionist and got the feeling that I was throwing it online too quickly (in my feeling), I do got some nice feedback, one of them is someone I chat daily with nowadays so that is cool. I will try to look at this differently. Thanks! :D

Yeah I know exactly how you feel, and I feel the need to encourage you to totally change your mindset. It is far more valuable to make videos now... you can and should be remaking them in the future. That is part of the game. You need to be getting better but that doesn't mean you wait; you are doing yourself a disservice if you do that. better to start putting up content now. be embarassed. Use that feeling to motivate you to be better. And then when you are better you will have that audience in place that already appreciates you regardless of your perfection.

GatesTech

Yeah I know exactly how you feel, and I feel the need to encourage you to totally change your mindset. It is far more valuable to make videos now... you can and should be remaking them in the future. That is part of the game. You need to be getting better but that doesn't mean you wait; you are doing yourself a disservice if you do that. better to start putting up content now. be embarassed. Use that feeling to motivate you to be better. And then when you are better you will have that audience in place that already appreciates you regardless of your perfection.
thanks, Stanley, you are right! a completely different view regarding the remaking of videos it felt like I had one shot and then the subject would be over..but indeed that's not how the internet works:).
and yes sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone and just do it!
I appreciate your feedback. all the best to you!

• Love

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Agree with Stanley... as someone who never edited a video before making them for YouTube it is a huge learning process. I started with Premiere Elements and graduated with Pro, but the only way to really get better is to watch some helpful videos via YouTube or even a site like Skillshare where you can score a free 2 month trial and then apply those new skills to your next video and learn more each time.

I still have a long way to go and I'm still a very slow editor as I'm getting used keyboard shortcuts more and more, but learning by doing really is the best way.

Be You

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

It's really important