• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Lifestyle Channel after delaying for so long I'm going to start my channel(s)!

GatesTech

User name: GatesTech
Title of introduction: Finally after delaying for so long I'm going to start my channel(s)!
Your name/ Alias: GatesTech
Where are you from? Netherlands
How did you find TubeBuddy? Youtube / Forums
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? Through my work, I am going to follow an editing course / a nice budget to purchase the right equipment. (starting in September)
When I have the right knowledge, I want to actively start uploading videos. for now, it is mainly a lot of ideas on paper.
in the meantime, I take English lessons to improve my speech, because we Dutch have a terrifying accent regarding speaking English.
I enjoy following other people as they grow their channel and learn from it. I also hope to gain followers within this community and support me by actively providing feedback when I upload my videos:)
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: I want to start sharing my computer / gaming passion, for more than 10 years I have a computer company next to my permanent job, as soon as I feel more confident I want to start a "coach" channel, within my permanent job I support lot of people with serious problems , debt, aggression, addiction. I think it would be very special to be able to share tips and stories with a large platform
How frequently do you upload? Weekly (when I'm ready with the course)
What are your hobbies? I enjoy doing fun things with my children, I have a great passion for hardware, trading forex/crypto and in my free time i like gaming and kickboxing.
What is your biggest dream? I have many dreams, of which number 1 is being healthy, Regarding my passion my biggest dream is to startmy channels about gaming/hardware and when I'm more confident starting a channel about life lessons experiences, in my work and personal life i see a lot of problems. I hope one day to be able to convey positive sound worldwide and give people a tool and improve their lives.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4t7XuY40mq1Fdlts0hKuZw?view_as=subscriber

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have you thought about making a few videos now for experience and setting them to link only, then sending the link to family/friends/groups that could provide you with some feedback? You might find that the thing you are most concerned with (your accent) is barely noticeable, but you might need to work on something else.

You could always add subtitles or text to explain the important bits of the video. I watch a tech how-to channel that has no voiceover and it's just set to gentle music and you follow the screen and they have arrows pointing to what they are doing - honestly, I think it would be better with a voiceover, but I still get the information I need.

OP
OP
GatesTech

GatesTech

Have you thought about making a few videos now for experience and setting them to link only, then sending the link to family/friends/groups that could provide you with some feedback? You might find that the thing you are most concerned with (your accent) is barely noticeable, but you might need to work on something else.

You could always add subtitles or text to explain the important bits of the video. I watch a tech how-to channel that has no voiceover and it's just set to gentle music and you follow the screen and they have arrows pointing to what they are doing - honestly, I think it would be better with a voiceover, but I still get the information I need.
Thanks Kari I will do that!. atm, my family doesn't even know about my youtube experiences. its something I started without telling anyone in my environment. I like your idea regarding uploading it as a private link and receive feedback. I agree that voice over is a must to keep it attractive and alive, its just weird to hear your own voice, felt a little robotic it's hard for me to talk excited in another language..
ATM I'm trying DaVinci and learning the tools .the videos I tried before were not easy for me because I had no plan and used different programs also I'm simply not ready because I don't have the right equipment so it was a mess to begin with. :) Soon I have a good camera/mic. Thanks for your feedback I appreciate your message, have a nice day :)

Reactions: Kari B

ScenicSitesAndBites

TubeBuddy Pro
scenicsitesandbites.com
Subscriber Goal
Welcome to the forum GatesTech. We are new to the forum as of today. My name is Zack and together with my wife Callie we make videos on anything food and travel such as Travel Vlogs, Cooking & recipies, Restaurant reviews, and even wine-making. I look forward to checking out your channel. I wish you lots of success.