• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips how to get more people interested in my channel

dean the rat

Known Member
i have been on yt for almost 1 year and for the past couple months i have tried using twitter and facebook to get more attention to the channel, but what else can i do my average daily is literally 20 views

Reactions: issabelle leo

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I'm still learning myself but I think because the title you label for your videos are not common, therefore it's not being searched a lot. Try changing the titles?

Niki Proshin

Known Member
I remember a month ago I had a thought about your channel. Perhaps it would be better to produce less videos and pay more attention to the quality of them. I've seen many animals channels with really funny and short (2-3 minutes) videos that went viral (through reddit, or facebook, or whatever else). All of those channels had one thing in common - the videos were easy and fun to watch. Most of them had attractive music. Many of them were edited in a very simple way.

First you need create something that people would like watching and sharing to friends. And only then all those websites will be useful.

Reactions: Dr Pixel Plays

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I do agree to both. I suggest you to have a Channel Review.

There is lot of scope for betterment from Banner, thumbnails, titles, editing to Channel trailer.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had a quick look at your channel and I can give you my first thoughts that I hope will be helpful.
Try and make the titles more searchable, a good one was 'Do rats like strawberries'. This is something that someone might google and your video would hopefully come up.
Your thumbnails are all very different, they don't have a common theme/component tying them together. I would look at other animal channels and see if you can gain inspiration from them. Don'tforget a lot of people watch on their phone so the thumbnail has to be good quality and bright so it stands out.
Use the TB keyword tool and see what people are looking for and try and make videos that have a high overall score.
If you are stuck for idea try typing ''rat a'' into the YT search bar and see what people are searching for. I would then go through all the letters to get ideas. Rat a, rat b, rat c.......
Are there any rat groups on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. If you can hook people in with a few pictures and relevant #s they are more likely to check out your channel.
Good luck.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I had a quick look at your channel and I can give you my first thoughts that I hope will be helpful.
Try and make the titles more searchable, a good one was 'Do rats like strawberries'. This is something that someone might google and your video would hopefully come up.
Your thumbnails are all very different, they don't have a common theme/component tying them together. I would look at other animal channels and see if you can gain inspiration from them. Don'tforget a lot of people watch on their phone so the thumbnail has to be good quality and bright so it stands out.
Use the TB keyword tool and see what people are looking for and try and make videos that have a high overall score.
If you are stuck for idea try typing ''rat a'' into the YT search bar and see what people are searching for. I would then go through all the letters to get ideas. Rat a, rat b, rat c.......
Are there any rat groups on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. If you can hook people in with a few pictures and relevant #s they are more likely to check out your channel.
Good luck.

Great advice! Thank you for the kind words too :)

Reactions: Kari B

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You need to take a look at the bigger picture here. Social Media is great if you have a pre-existing audience to whare your work to. But if you do not you are effectively trying to grow multiple platforms. Go for it, but undersand that this is going to leave you spread thin. It is twice as much work growing a FB, Twitter or Instagram account in conjunction with your YouTube channel. Also, because of how these platforms are all designed you are not going to get a lot of YouTube views on your Twitter, Instagram or FB pages. People don't want to cross platforms and each platform wants to prevent you from advertising the other. So you will need to make content specific for each.

The best way to grow your YouTube is by mastering your SEO and making EXCEPTIONAL videos and thumbnails. Nothing will promote your YouTube videos better than YouTube.

As an aside here is some data for you; Here is a look at the value of my social media for my YouTube channel:

YouTube
3,500 subscribers, 600 views per day (Average)

Twitter
1,000 followers, 1 link click per day (Average)

Nearly a third the followers on Twitter, and nearly zero views from Twitter to YouTube. And it's not because my Twitter audience doesn't care... it's because they likely either already watch me on YouTube and will do so at their convenience (rather than the moment I tweet about it) or they enjoy my seperate content on Twitter and just aren't into my videos. I will never explode as a result of social media, it's a platform that allows me to interact and grow the relationship with my audience. That keeps them around and keeps them intrigued in my work, but I am never going to see a boom because of it.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Try to build a connection with your subscribers, Eg- Doing Livestreams or having QnA sessions and stuff like that