• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Impression

Annbilha

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have more impressions on a video than views....what could be the issue example 4k impression and 100 views

CT Gena

Impressions are the number of times your thumbnail is shown to others. I believe it counts if over half of your thumbnail is shown for a second.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
4k views and 100 Views.

I am interested to see the CTR & Audience retention graph.

But the reason why people aren't Clicking on thumbnail ( the impression )

1. Not attractive thumbnail
2. Not catchy title.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
This is not a TubeBuddy Question. Please check the section's topic before creating a thread :)

Thread has been moved to the appropriate section.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah @CT Gena and @Kitchen c/o Amma nailed it. Impressions reflects the number of times your video has been shown to somebody. Views are the number of timews people have clicked and watched.

An impression occurs once a thumbnail has been shown in it's entirety to somebody, and the number of views will obviously never match the number of impressions. It is important to know you number of impressions because this shows you how much your video is being shown out to people. But the more important numbers are your CTR and your watchtime/AVD, as these numbers reflect your video performance within the number of impressions you have.

CTR of course is the number of people that clicked on your thumbnail, AVD/Watchtime reflects how long people are watching each video and when these numbers are very high versus your competition YouTube will have no choice but to share your video out to more people... hence more impressions and inevitably more views.

OP
OP
Annbilha

Annbilha

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did not know this...now I know..thank you so much for this helpful information

OP
OP
Annbilha

Annbilha

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The views can never be more than the impressions if you think technically, But a good title and thumbnail can improve the click through rate
this is well noted

Yeah @CT Gena and @Kitchen c/o Amma nailed it. Impressions reflects the number of times your video has been shown to somebody. Views are the number of timews people have clicked and watched.

An impression occurs once a thumbnail has been shown in it's entirety to somebody, and the number of views will obviously never match the number of impressions. It is important to know you number of impressions because this shows you how much your video is being shown out to people. But the more important numbers are your CTR and your watchtime/AVD, as these numbers reflect your video performance within the number of impressions you have.

CTR of course is the number of people that clicked on your thumbnail, AVD/Watchtime reflects how long people are watching each video and when these numbers are very high versus your competition YouTube will have no choice but to share your video out to more people... hence more impressions and inevitably more views.

I did not know this...now I know..thank you so much for this helpful information

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Impressions are the number of times your thumbnail is shown to others. I believe it counts if over half of your thumbnail is shown for a second.
the first half of this is correct, impressions is how many times the thumbnail has been shown on someone's screen, regardless of weather they click it or not. I'm not sure how accurate the second put is about how long a thumbnail needs for it to be seen for it to count, that's an interesting question which I'm sure @Andrew will probably know more about, but my gut tells me the moment the video is served up as a search result or a recommended suggestion, no matter how long it's shown for, it still counts as an impression.

views will always be lower than the impressions... unless of course you're a new channel and your video has only been shown to 1 person, and that 1 person clicks it.