• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Finding traffic

Rev'n Step

Any suggestions on how to find more traffic to my channel? I use TubeBuddy for keyword suggestions but it seems like my channel has been stuck in the 200-400 views per day.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Any suggestions on how to find more traffic to my channel? I use TubeBuddy for keyword suggestions but it seems like my channel has been stuck in the 200-400 views per day.
Hey there, you might want to give this a read:
And this one too:
And hereΓÇÖs one I wrote myself:

DonΓÇÖt be surprised if this gets locked, as we see these kinds of threads popping up all the time.

OP
OP
R

Rev'n Step

Thank you for all the links but that is mostly focused for beginners. My channel has over 100 videos and nearing 1M views overall but that has been for 3 years and counting. The problem is I cant find solid traffic and I am not sure why? As I mentioned on average I get about 200-400 views a day but that has been going on for a long time now and I cant get the channel out of that funk. I can spike the views when I post videos? I have been thinking of trying to post more than once a week to keep that spike of views every time I post but I am trying to see if there are any other ideas out there.

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I'm kinda in the same boat as you and definitely know the feeling.
There are some things I've been trying to do and maybe you can try? I try to post more frequently. 1 to 2 videos per week. Try more popular search titles and play around with the tags. I've been getting like 800 views per day on average doing piano covers but not the result that I would hope for but maybe you can get luckier. I also read that average time of view on your video is also important. Hope that helps and good luck!

Reactions: Rev'n Step

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for all the links but that is mostly focused for beginners. My channel has over 100 videos and nearing 1M views overall but that has been for 3 years and counting. The problem is I cant find solid traffic and I am not sure why? As I mentioned on average I get about 200-400 views a day but that has been going on for a long time now and I cant get the channel out of that funk. I can spike the views when I post videos? I have been thinking of trying to post more than once a week to keep that spike of views every time I post but I am trying to see if there are any other ideas out there.
Ok cool so that slightly changes how to give advice, I did watch a couple of your videos, IΓÇÖm assuming the start up and revving off in the car is the intro, if so then I think thatΓÇÖs quite nice and short, and IΓÇÖm sure mustang fans would love that, maybe you could add some background music to give the videos more interest, there is a lot of talking in the video and I did feel it takes a bit of time to get to the point, but thatΓÇÖs just my observation, and maybe thatΓÇÖs what your videos are about anyways.

Tubebuddy does have a keyword suggestion tool if youΓÇÖre not using it, itΓÇÖs a great way to find beefy words thatΓÇÖll pull in the views. IΓÇÖd imagine because your content is car stuff, that kind of niche would be a bit crowded with many many others doing similar content, so maybe just study the niche more, find the gaps that need filling and go on in and fill them in whatever way you can, or just see how others are making their content and see what you can do to make yours stand out from the rest, maybe some flashy graphics or something like that. ItΓÇÖs up to you buddy.

ThereΓÇÖs nothing much more from my side of things, I found your videos quite good, and I liked the accent too, IΓÇÖm surprised your stuff hasnΓÇÖt pulled more views as they are, but this is the whole game of YouTube, itΓÇÖs hit and miss, but the ones that are hits, you can build more content based on that.

Anyways IΓÇÖve babbled on, hope things go well for you buddy, by the way, thatΓÇÖs a really nice sounding Mustang :) :blush:

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
1. Start participating in forums of your niche.
2. Join Facebook groups
3. Instagram / Twitter .. post pics & stories and using hashtags.
4. Colab with others

I am not telling that this will bring huge impact but you will find something latest.

OP
OP
R

Rev'n Step

Ok cool so that slightly changes how to give advice, I did watch a couple of your videos, IΓÇÖm assuming the start up and revving off in the car is the intro, if so then I think thatΓÇÖs quite nice and short, and IΓÇÖm sure mustang fans would love that, maybe you could add some background music to give the videos more interest, there is a lot of talking in the video and I did feel it takes a bit of time to get to the point, but thatΓÇÖs just my observation, and maybe thatΓÇÖs what your videos are about anyways.

Tubebuddy does have a keyword suggestion tool if youΓÇÖre not using it, itΓÇÖs a great way to find beefy words thatΓÇÖll pull in the views. IΓÇÖd imagine because your content is car stuff, that kind of niche would be a bit crowded with many many others doing similar content, so maybe just study the niche more, find the gaps that need filling and go on in and fill them in whatever way you can, or just see how others are making their content and see what you can do to make yours stand out from the rest, maybe some flashy graphics or something like that. ItΓÇÖs up to you buddy.

ThereΓÇÖs nothing much more from my side of things, I found your videos quite good, and I liked the accent too, IΓÇÖm surprised your stuff hasnΓÇÖt pulled more views as they are, but this is the whole game of YouTube, itΓÇÖs hit and miss, but the ones that are hits, you can build more content based on that.

Anyways IΓÇÖve babbled on, hope things go well for you buddy, by the way, thatΓÇÖs a really nice sounding Mustang :) :blush:

Thank you for the kind words and checking out the videos! Yeah pretty much most of the auto niche is populated with large youtubers. Thank you for some of the ideas as well. I will try to add them to my next videos.

The hit or miss is right on. A video I didnt expect to get much views is currently holds the largest view count. I did make a second video feeding from that and it helped a lot. I guess we have to continue grinding until one day!

Reactions: Damo’s Paintings
OP
OP
R

Rev'n Step

I'm kinda in the same boat as you and definitely know the feeling.
There are some things I've been trying to do and maybe you can try? I try to post more frequently. 1 to 2 videos per week. Try more popular search titles and play around with the tags. I've been getting like 800 views per day on average doing piano covers but not the result that I would hope for but maybe you can get luckier. I also read that average time of view on your video is also important. Hope that helps and good luck!
Hi,
I think I have came up to the same conclusion of posting more than once a week. Hopefully that helps out more!

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have you checked your titles, thumbnails and SEO? Maybe changing them up a bit might increase views and if they get worse you can change back.
I would look at your top 5 best performing videos and make similar ones, this way you can build on their momentum.
Do you belong to any groups, online or physical, that might like your videos?
Could you collab with another similar channel?

OP
OP
R

Rev'n Step

Have you checked your titles, thumbnails and SEO? Maybe changing them up a bit might increase views and if they get worse you can change back.
I would look at your top 5 best performing videos and make similar ones, this way you can build on their momentum.
Do you belong to any groups, online or physical, that might like your videos?
Could you collab with another similar channel?
Great ideas, I have been slowly adjusting my titles on some videos and that does bring a bit more traffic. Thumbnails are in good shape but I guess thats my opinion. I try to use social media as much as I can but usually posting direct links get scrutinized. I have been looking to try and collab with a big channel and hoping at some point someone would like to work with me. Great ideas!

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You can advertise the video at specific places. eg. If you are making a video about some game then post it to the fourms that are dedicated to that game.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Great ideas, I have been slowly adjusting my titles on some videos and that does bring a bit more traffic. Thumbnails are in good shape but I guess thats my opinion. I try to use social media as much as I can but usually posting direct links get scrutinized. I have been looking to try and collab with a big channel and hoping at some point someone would like to work with me. Great ideas!
Instead of looking for bigger channels why don't you look at creators with similar sub numbers but in a different country, that way both of you can gain some cross traffic.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, so here's my two cents...

For starters joining FB groups etc will help, but more so with engagement and networking than actual view performance. I will say that I am personally a member of several in-niche forums where I promote my content and I admit that I get about 9% of my traffic from these external sources, so there is some value in a good forum. But none of them (actually all of them combined) can not hold a lit match to the traffic that i get from YouTube/Google from Search and Discovery. So I would suggest doing some research as to some underserved trending topics that you can create a few videos on, script them well and optimize your search traffic. This is going to push you more than any other option available.

As an aside I have mentioned before but I get about 17% of my traffic via international search/discovery as a result of well translated videos and video meta data (takes about 20 minutes per video to do it yourself). And I will say that about two months ago we went from publishing once per week to twice per week and nearly quadrupled our views... so that will make a difference as well.

OP
OP
R

Rev'n Step

Yeah I think publishing more makes sense as well. The first few hours of traffic I get from Facebook groups and a few car forums I am a member but as you said after a while youtube search views overtake that.
Can you tell me more about the international videos and how do you set it up? Which areas of the world do you target?