• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

More views than subscribers

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I seems to be having more views than subscribers... what could be the reason? or rather what am I expected to do?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think this is normal. I have more views than subscribers for most of my videos. My stats show that around 3-4% of my viewers are subscribers. I think it will also depend on your content. I make informational videos so people watch one video needing specific information but might not watch another or subscribe.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much Kari for your reply. I was thinking there is something I'm not doing. Although I'm two months plus now on YouTube and I make English videos now I'm working on pronunciation.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much Kari for your reply. I was thinking there is something I'm not doing. Although I'm two months plus now on YouTube and I make English videos now I'm working on pronunciation.
You're welcome. I think as long as everything is going up overall, you're doing well. Don't get too obsessed with numbers at the start, you're doing the right thing in trying to improve something under your control.

Reactions: Shaq10

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
thats a good thing! More views than subscribers means YouTube is sharing out your content and/or people are rewatching it. That is exactly what you want!
Stanley has made a good point, I would rather have more view time than subscribers instead of the other way, as more subscribers than views means engaging in sub4sub (thatΓÇÖs how YouTube will see it anyways).

At least half my views are from non subscribers, which as pointed out, YouTube is putting my stuff in front of the viewers and theyΓÇÖre watching.

Reactions: Maryprecious

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes sir... I'm consistently 90% non versus 10% subscriber and I try to keep it that way
I realized this late but it is Important to realize that Views > Subscribers.

It's all about the views Infact - watch time / probability of more people clicking on adds / telling youtube that you are doing good job, etc

If you can.. anytime .. write a post on this .. I would love to hear from your side.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
IT's good to have more views because they can turn INTO subscribers, having more subscribers than views can be a bad thing because that would mean they're inactive or don't care about the content. YouTube says subs watch about 10% of content anyway, so understanding that means there is more out there for Non subs, then with subs.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
IT's good to have more views because they can turn INTO subscribers, having more subscribers than views can be a bad thing because that would mean they're inactive or don't care about the content. YouTube says subs watch about 10% of content anyway, so understanding that means there is more out there for Non subs, then with subs.
yeah, itΓÇÿs a good problem to have, with my 27k subscribers IΓÇÖd LOVE to have more views than subscribers :joy: but I average around 1-3k views depending on the video, so the 10% average holds up.
The bigger you get, youΓÇÖll start finding it a lot harder to get more views than subscribers. If you have more views than subscribers, it means you have a lot more opportunity to gain subscribers from those views :cool: