• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

loosing subscribers

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have you changed your niche/content? Or maybe done a bit of sub for sub - I did in the early days not realising what it was or how bad it was for my channel. Losing subs is a normal part of being a creator. You will soon find you get more than you lose if you're consistent and put out the best videos you can. :)

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I'm afraid there are multiple issues that can cause you to lose subs, expect it to be a regular thing.

Reactions: Maryprecious

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, everyone loses subscriber. In fact I lose subscribers with every video I put out. Sometimes people lose interest in your content. Sometimes they move on to other forms of content. It could be that YouTube is doing it's purge thing, getting rid of dead weight subscribers. That's not counting the number of factors that you may have changed on your channel that could make people unsubscribe.

Think of it more like the unemployment rate. no matter how good the economy is, there will always be people in transition.
they just got fire, just got hired, just quit, just started their own business, just, just, just.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Well, everyone loses subscriber. In fact I lose subscribers with every video I put out. Sometimes people lose interest in your content. Sometimes they move on to other forms of content. It could be that YouTube is doing it's purge thing, getting rid of dead weight subscribers. That's not counting the number of factors that you may have changed on your channel that could make people unsubscribe.

Think of it more like the unemployment rate. no matter how good the economy is, there will always be people in transition.
they just got fire, just got hired, just quit, just started their own business, just, just, just.
You are very correct. Thanks

Reactions: Damon

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have been loosing subscribers, don't really understand why?
Looks like plenty have given their thoughts, thatΓÇÖs great, hereΓÇÖs my 1/2 cents worth, if youΓÇÖre losing subscribers, despite putting out some really great and engaging and entertaining content paired with awesome titles and kick *** thumbnails, chances are those subscribers werenΓÇÖt anything more than paper weights on your channel, I lose subscribers as well, we all do, the good ole saying goes ΓÇ£you win some, you lose someΓÇ¥, my advice is just keep creating and uploading and donΓÇÖt focus on the numbers for now, those will eventually work in your favor.

I got discouraged a few times too admittedly, in my early days of uploading, but once I got uploading and uploading, and putting energy into my channel and making it look professional, I noticed some good changes going on in it, it takes dedication and plenty of patience on tap to get through the first 50-100 videos before things really start taking off.

Good luck with your journey, remember itΓÇÖs gonna be a long one if you plan on going big :blush:

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
This is good. I'm delighted. Thanks for really taking out time to write me such a great soul lifting write-up. It's really gonna be a long journey and I think I'm fully prepared. Thanks once again.

Shanfamilymix

Subscriber Goal
Have you changed your niche/content? Or maybe done a bit of sub for sub - I did in the early days not realising what it was or how bad it was for my channel. Losing subs is a normal part of being a creator. You will soon find you get more than you lose if you're consistent and put out the best videos you can. :)
I just found that out it's annoying! They expect a Sub back but only watch -1min on our videos. I got passed 120 then next day it dropped to 71!