• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Am I in the wrong niche?

FollsUnitex

I am in the music niche and I find it hard to come up with video ideas and good titles and thumbnails. Does anyone have suggestions cause some of my videos don't really get any views

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
it is going to take time for you to master best practices, learn what your audience likes and grow that audience. You will need patience.

Reactions: FollsUnitex

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Once you have at least 20 videos published look at the ones with the highest views and see if you can make a follow-up/similar video. It can take a while to find the niche you feel comfortable in - I've changed mine three times. I've found review videos tend to get pretty good views, but the important thing is you enjoy making videos.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
yup yup @Kari B has the right idea! You should really focus solely on making that first 100 videos (20 at a time!) while ignoring the external nonsense. Just make videos. Focus on making them better. Every twenty videos evaluate what's working. Do that for your first 100 and you will be in a very strong position to make some noise!

OP
OP
FollsUnitex

FollsUnitex

yup yup @Kari B has the right idea! You should really focus solely on making that first 100 videos (20 at a time!) while ignoring the external nonsense. Just make videos. Focus on making them better. Every twenty videos evaluate what's working. Do that for your first 100 and you will be in a very strong position to make some noise!
Thank you! Ok that gives me hope!

Once you have at least 20 videos published look at the ones with the highest views and see if you can make a follow-up/similar video. It can take a while to find the niche you feel comfortable in - I've changed mine three times. I've found review videos tend to get pretty good views, but the important thing is you enjoy making videos.
Thank you so much!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There is no "wrong" niche if you're passionate about what you do.
If the niche violates Terms of Service, then yes.
If you're ONLY interested in a niche for the money, then yeah, you're probably in the wrong niche. But if you have a passion for your niche, there's no such thing as a "wrong" niche, but you can certainly learn how to adjust your titles and such to be more compelling :)

Reactions: FollsUnitex